reduced deposits

Vitality08

Has anyone here ever known Carnival to do reduced deposit specials? I'm not talking about booking with a group...just a regular "sale" where they allow you to book for less than the normal deposit.

Nope. I believe NCL does this occasionally but the only reduced deposit Carnival allows for is group cruises...

:)

I was looking at booking a 15 day panama cruise. Usual deposit for this cruise is $500/person, but my PVP said they have a special and I could book it with a deposit of $400/person....so yes, it does happen.:)

They changed the deposit structure, so not really a limited time special

https://www.goccl.com/content/news_and_alerts/documents/DepositStructure_20912.pdf

NCL Is actually doing this right now. $125pp for a 6-9day cruise. not to bad! wish carnival would do that!!

That's what made me think of it. I'm thinking of booking one with NCL because of the reduced deposit and because of the schedule currently available. They have schedules listed as far out as 2015, although I'm looking at 2014 right now.

I have 2 cruises in mind for 2013 but I have to get my deposit together. My family (mother, me, 2 sisters) want to take a cruise in Jan with Carnival. Price is great, $894 for all us...that includes taxes and everything (inside). Deposit though is $600. That's basically the cost of the cruise.

Question just for opinion purposes only: Do you think carnival should offer reduced deposits as a one of it's "perks" for their most frequent cruisers? That's probably be a neat loyalty benefit that wouldn't actually cost Carnival anything.

Question just for opinion purposes only: Do you think carnival should offer reduced deposits as a one of it's "perks" for their most frequent cruisers? That's probably be a neat loyalty benefit that wouldn't actually cost Carnival anything.

It doesnt matter what people think as with Carnival's ES rate, it would never ever happen. ES the deposit is nonrefundable .. so it would be hard to have a sale but say .. but you cant book certain rates.

Archived