What do you recommend in carry-on?

BlessedBeingMom

What do you recommend having in your carry-on? We are cruising with 3 kids, nearly 8yo boy, 10yo girl & nearly 12yo girl. We are going to have them cross-pack their clothes (although oldest is protesting loudly at little brother's clothes being in her suitcase with her clothes). We are planning to carry on our two bottles of wine, a 12-pack of bottled water & a 12-pack of ginger ale. Of course, we know to pack medications & valuables in carry-on. We have no valuable jewelry, just cash & electronics.

Thanks for any advice! :)

Depends on what time you plan to board. The rooms are not ready till usally 1:30 so if you board earlier your going to have to lug everything around untill the rooms are ready. It sounds like with your children your going to have your hands full. I would bring minimal in your carry on. Thats just my opinion, hope you all have a great cruise!!!

I put anything I cannot live without in my carry-on. Sorry I'm high maintenance, but that includes make-up, brushes, and my swimsuit. There is no way I will find an adequate replacement for those items in the gift shop. I can live in Carnival sweats and t-shirts if I have these things. ;):D

ewwwwgh! Brothers clothes touching sisters cloths? Yuck. Mommmmmmmm!!!!

(I had girls and boys too-:D)

Alcohol (wine), meds, bathing suit is necessary for the aftenoon, makeup if this is a concern for you. Ebook. Beyond that, it I can get them to take it to my room I am happy. The vast vast majority of the time luggaage reaches your room without problems.

I make my dd (now 11) carry a backpack or small rolling suitcase (if she can mange it) I have her take her swimsuit, extra clothes, her electronics and whatever she needs to keep her entertained. I have her pack it then make her carry it on a walk around our neighborhood. Usually she comes home from the walk and decides she doesn't really need all she packed. She understnad she is in charge of this item through the airport an onto the ship. Works every time without complaint.

I make my dd (now 11) carry a backpack or small rolling suitcase (if she can mange it) I have her take her swimsuit, extra clothes, her electronics and whatever she needs to keep her entertained. I have her pack it then make her carry it on a walk around our neighborhood. Usually she comes home from the walk and decides she doesn't really need all she packed. She understnad she is in charge of this item through the airport an onto the ship. Works every time without complaint.

Wondeful idea. I do the same with myself. If I can't carry it around myself, I don't need it.

I love this! I have 4 kids that have travelled all over with me. I, alone, have driven them 14 hrs to Orlando, Daytona Beach and 10 hrs to Minnesota over a dozen of times. I remember my son, less than 2 yrs old, carrying a pooh back pack with his diapers/wipes in it! People thought is was scandelous! :eek: He was so proud! :p

So, my children always carry what they desperately want. They don't give it to a parent! We always had enough of the essentials to carry. Have them carry their toys (whatever it is, electronics or barbies), swim suits, flip flops (I make them wear their tennis shoes), 2nd set of clothes and their share of candy/gum for the week.

The oldest will also pull the carryon with all soda and wine for us. I carry all meds, 1st aid stuff, paperwork, etc.

It has worked out great for us - making the kids part of the experience, they are responsible for what they bring and such.

Have a great cruise!

I would say 1) change of socks and underwear for everyone, maybe two, 2) swim suits, at least for the kids, 3) essential toiletries such as deodorant. And yes, any meds, electronics, travelling papers. In a worst case scenario, this should get you by. Best case scenario, you will be well prepared for your first afternoon to enjoy on board the ship.

I would recommend and outfit each in a carry on bag. Give them each a tote maybe as a carry on. Along with something to keep them busy. Your electronic stuff chargers in carry on bag. Depending on where your coming from and how long travel will take I recommend a toothbruth too. Your water and gingerale will have to be carry on also. Make it enough each can carry, if not you wil end up carrying it all. That is how I would judge. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

The kids will each have a backpack containing their toiletries, swimsuit, a change of clothes, a book or two, a couple of small toys & their electronics. We usually make them carry their own backpacks & be responsible for their own stuff when we go places, so we're not too worried that they'll want/expect us to carry them for us. :D

Will they let the kids bring a bottle of water to drink while waiting to board?

What do you recommend having in your carry-on? We are cruising with 3 kids, nearly 8yo boy, 10yo girl & nearly 12yo girl. We are going to have them cross-pack their clothes (although oldest is protesting loudly at little brother's clothes being in her suitcase with her clothes). We are planning to carry on our two bottles of wine, a 12-pack of bottled water & a 12-pack of ginger ale. Of course, we know to pack medications & valuables in carry-on. We have no valuable jewelry, just cash & electronics.

Thanks for any advice! :)

I always pack the maximum allowed non-alcoholic drinks for the 3 of us. I like the 12oz plastic bottles of soda-pop; nice to be able to finish a bottle before it gets warm.

Archived