Windows in Dining Rooms?

Brandis

Just received the Disney Cruise Line Brochure with the DVD. Very neat! From the 360° images of the dining rooms it looks like as if there are no windows in the 3 main dining rooms. On cruises, I love to have a table by the window and look out over the sea and maybe catch a nice sunset.

Are the main dining rooms really windowless?

Marc

Its been a couple of years since I've been onboard (though we're going again this summer), Parrot Cay has windows, Animator's Palate does not - the restaurant gives you plenty to look at, Lumiere's does not, it's in the center of the ship. Palo (the adults only restaurant) does have windows. Have fun!

Parrot Cay had windows. Palos (the one where you pay an extra fee and have to have reservations) has windows. It is one floor above the lido (deck 10-top deck) and was really a great view.

Aniamtors Palate of course does not have windows-that is where the walls give you the show-so windows would ruin that. Tritons (on Wonder-the name is differant on Magic) is midship close to what the other lines call the purser's desk and there were no windows.

I liked the Parrot Cay very much. Most days you can have lunch there buffet-style and I ate there several times, I would always sit close to the windows. Our night for dinner there though we were at an assigned table and it was not close to the window. Ofcourse the lido restuarant, like all ships, has windows and also an outside area for eating. I can't remember what it was called. By the pools is a burger spot, a pizza spot and an ice cream and fruit spot-always a great view there. Those spots had names too-don't remember what they were called but they were more of a stand then a restuarant.

Lumieres/Tritons has windows along the starboard side. On the port side, there are picture windows that overlook a hall which also has large portholes--I think it is very light and airy feeling.

Topsiders/Beach Blanket Buffet is the 9th floor restaurant, there are windows that overlook the wide deck area. There is also an outside seating area aft. In the evenings, Topsiders has a casual bistro type menu; for breakfast and lunch it is a buffet.

Plutos is the hamburger/hot dog/chicken sandwich area near the pool. Excellent chicken fingers. Pinnochios is the area that has pizza. Scoops is the ice cream fruit place.

Lumieres/Tritons has windows along the starboard side. On the port side, there are picture windows that overlook a hall which also has large portholes--I think it is very light and airy feeling.

Topsiders/Beach Blanket Buffet is the 9th floor restaurant, there are windows that overlook the wide deck area. There is also an outside seating area aft. In the evenings, Topsiders has a casual bistro type menu; for breakfast and lunch it is a buffet.

Plutos is the hamburger/hot dog/chicken sandwich area near the pool. Excellent chicken fingers. Pinnochios is the area that has pizza. Scoops is the ice cream fruit place.

I did not realize Tritions even had windows but now that I think of it-I always sat facing the hall way on the port side-where yes when you walked out of the restuarant you saw porthole windows. I actually ate there 3 times, dinner and 2 breakfasts. The other assigned dinner there we ate at Palos.

Archived