Pre Cruise Gift Bag Ideas?!

taymiss2

Leaving in a few weeks, Yes!! Going with 13 other people of which only 3 have cruised before.

Want to give them little goody bags of not too expensive stuff that would be handy to have and that they might not think about bringing.

• Post Its so we can communicate,
  • lanyard for their room card,
  • ??? what else?

I need some inspiration.

On other trips I have given out a "mix tape/CD" of music to listen to on the way. I think I have used up all the fun beach, vacation songs. Not sure I am going to go there again.

Lip Balm

Pen/Pencil/Highlighter

Band-aids

a fun thing is a small roll of Lifesavers (nautical thing)

mini-kleenex packet

if you want to go all out and don't mind the cost, a small/tiny flashlight

I also put a few wrapped toothpicks in my 'first aid packet' so they might be useful

We are also traveling with a group of 13 with 8 being kids, 3 that have not cruised before. I am doing travel bags as well. I bought the sling bags they can carry on their backs and had their last names embrodiered on them. They are all getting custom shirts made (boys are gray/white striped V neck with cruise in raggy ocean blue letters and 2012 & a small anchor in black and the girls have white shirts with a pair of flipflops in black/aqua/orange/yellow/limegreen with hot pink strap on the flip flops and 2012 cruise underneath). The girls are also getting Victoria Secret "Pink" beach towels in theirs. I am filling both boys and girls with random things: lipbalm, cards, aloe, sun screen, bug spray, tylenol, suduko books, etc. Hopefully they will like their "gift bags". We leave home in 15 days!! :)

What about one of those little plastic waterproof cases for when they go on shore excursions and need a place to put their money, sea pass and ID?

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Travel-Waterproof-Credit-Lanyard/dp/B001DKAX2G/ref=sr_1_23?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1330023312&sr=1-23

It depends how much you want to spend on each baggie though.

Different types of card games for the different bags. ie Life, Monopoly, Sorry all come in card games. Also Uno, Euchre, Milles Borne, etc. There are so many different ones out there now. I always get my kids one in their stocking at Christmas so we can take different ones on our vacations. We have wonderful family time together playing them and they are so easy to pack.

I go to the 99cents or Dollar Tree stores and get all kinds of ideas from whatever they have that day.

Some of my suggestions are:

Small tin of Altoids

Small nail polish for girls/women, eye shadow, lip gloss.

Travel sized shampoos and conditioners

Small travel sized pkg. of Q Tips

Lip Balm for everyone

Pkg. of gum

I think most posters have covered everything.:D

Hope your group has a fantastic cruise!:D

Bring extra pens, you want everyone to check off what they want to do, and you have to sign for everything on the ship. everyone takes your pen :). Take asprin if you do toooo many Martini tastings.

Take a look at the Dollar stores for the water proof cases

A few additions:

From Dollar Tree some of those googly eyes for towel animals.

An inexpensive thermal mug. For hot or cold beverages.

If you don't want to do lanyards they have the wrist kind at Office Max.

And the dollar stores sell small pkgs of Duct tape. I wouldn't travel without it.

A few additions:

From Dollar Tree some of those googly eyes for towel animals.

An inexpensive thermal mug. For hot or cold beverages.

If you don't want to do lanyards they have the wrist kind at Office Max.

And the dollar stores sell small pkgs of Duct tape. I wouldn't travel without it.

I also got my hanging shoe holder (used for misc items-suntan lotions, chargers, medications, lotions, etc) at the dollar tree. We usually hang it on the hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

Archived