Conflict Between FAQ or Guest Conduct Policy - which applies

Just checked my last cruise contract, read, as follows:

The Conduct Policy as per the OP and linked at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

Clearly shows:

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard"

Page 4, paragraph 4 as quoted.

It's odd how people accuse it of being incorrect when it is written right in front of them.

sorry LA but when you get to port...security will quote the regulation as they understand it in the contract...NO ALCOHOL....you may bring SEALED water and SEALED soda or juice bottles or cans. They reserve the right to inspect each and they did mine and they also did the distilled water for the gentleman with his cpap machine. This was in san juan just three weeks ago and I had mountain dew and liptons iced tea unsweetened for me in bottles in fort lauderdale. also had 12 pk of bottled water in checked luggage. No issues.

I have also had my listerine inspected as well as my travel bottles of shampoos for alcohol. It is their right under the contract.

Everyone reads and interprets a different way.

There isn't a need for anyone getting testy these days....seems we have enough issues in the world these days! Enjoy cruising.

Maybe because some posters provide incredibly incorrect information and tell those that post the correct info that they are wrong.:rolleyes:

Funnily enough, it was yourself and the other poster who were the first to tell others "they were wrong". I posted an excerpt and the other poster jumped in with the quote, the accusation and the over the top bolding.

Totally unacceptable, and they must be set straight.

Thanks for the show of arrogance, but if you'd actually checked the link you would have found out that the quote was correct. I've gone to the effort of checking yours instead of just throwing accusations against you, and can see the cause of the confusion - there are two versions, which isn't very surprising.

:mad:This board provides a lot of good info, and when someone comes on here telling others that post good info that they are incorrect, that cannot be tolerated.:mad:

Commonsense should suggest that there might be a basis for someone saying something, and given the link was posted in the OP, as well as the quote, it was very easy to read that rather then just throwing out the accusations and being "intolerant" as you put it.

Thanks for the show of arrogance, but if you'd actually checked the link you would have found out that the quote was correct. I've gone to the effort of checking yours instead of just throwing accusations against you, and can see the cause of the confusion - there are two versions, which isn't very surprising.

I did check your link.

It was NOT a link to the CRUISE CONTRACT, which is the governing document for your conduct. As I stated, the CRUISE CONTRACT is what it is.

I agree, if nothing else, RCI is consistently inconsistent in all aspects of their operation.

I did check your link.

It was NOT a link to the CRUISE CONTRACT, which is the governing document for your conduct. As I stated, the CRUISE CONTRACT is what it is.

Again you are arguing about something that wasn't said.

If you look at my initial post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32576602&postcount=7, which is what Johneeo http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32644032&postcount=15 and then yourself http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32652214&postcount=20 started arguing with and claiming was wrong, I NEVER said it was the contract. I said it was the Conduct Policy - which is exactly what it is!

Archived