Polynesian Cultural Center, Oahu

rlkubi

Not sure if there is a discount on their web site. I have been there two years ago and plan on going there again when we visit Hawai'i in May. Taking two friends along this time. Did the Ambassador package and was very pleased with it. Will do this time also. You will enjoy it I am sure:)

Where is the best and cheapest place to purchase tickets? We have the Entertainment coupon so I guess directly through them? Also, has anyone else gotten the Super Ambassador tickets? Comments?

Thank you!

Purchase on line and tell them u have a coupon and they will honour it upon arrival by processing credit to cc. I believe there is a %10 discount if you book 10 days prior but the earlier you book the better your sets will be for the main show.

We have been twice, the last being in January and both times have done the super ambassador pkg.

There are many reasons:

If you put a price on the individual events/items you will soon realize the value and even more so after your day, example is that the show Ha Breath of Life can be put up against any Broadway or Vegas show and because we booked well in advance we had front row seats but the show was spectacular and I would have valued it alone at $125 to $150 ticket, I think there is about 80 people in the cast.

The buffet dinner including all u can eat shrimp and crab, plus a ton of other items to select from, plus the new building you dine in is quite spectacular, well decorated with white linen table seating.

With the park being 42 all the villages are fairly close together but with the super A pkg y'll get a very knowledgable tour guide that will get you to each village on time and with VIP front roll seating to watch the mini shows, and the same for the spectacular canoe pageant. They will then get you to dinner and then meet up with you after dinner for backstage tour. Then price in the two dvd's and the music cd. The bottom line is you'll get a bigger bang for your buck.

If you do go I suggest you use their transportation and leave the driving to them as its a very long day and you won't really want to drive back, also the scenery along the ocean is quite nice.

We also packed a small six pack size cooler to hold some sandwiches and beverages to get us through the day till dinner.

The Entertainment book coupon applies to the general admission ticket only. The add-ons (dinner, show, or package upgrade) are not included.

If it's only 2 of you, you can consider splurging. We had 6 people, and rented a van. We didn't go for the upgrade packages, but I did look at the seating map, and choose the seats, immediately beside those that paid the highest packages, also front row. I bought the DVD separately.

On the way driving there, we first toured downtown Honolulu, Iolani Palace, King Kam statue, etc. Then drove the scenic highway, stopped at Pali Lookout and other places. Looked at the Brigham Young Univ., then went into the PCC for the "main event". If you take the tour bus, it won't stop at those places, but it saves you from having to drive.

For those that have been to the PCC before.............we're planning on doing just the general admission (doing a luau on another island). From what I understand this includes the villages, canoe ride & grounds? I was thinking of buying our tickets online........the savings is only 10%. Not sure if the Entertainment book would be a worthwhile purchase. We like to get the local feel for a place, not necessarily eat in "chain" restaurants. Thoughts?

For those that have been to the PCC before.............we're planning on doing just the general admission (doing a luau on another island). From what I understand this includes the villages, canoe ride & grounds? I was thinking of buying our tickets online........the savings is only 10%. Not sure if the Entertainment book would be a worthwhile purchase. We like to get the local feel for a place, not necessarily eat in "chain" restaurants. Thoughts?

The Entertainment book coupon gives BOGO admission. Just that one coupon will be worth the price of the book.

Yes your ticket does include what you posted. But I'm not sure what you mean by your chain rest. comment.

There is no Mc Donalds etc. this park is not like an amusement park or disney land or a water park it is more on an educational side showing you how the people of the villages live, play,eat, dance, sing and survive.

They do have a fast food type cafeteria setup to buy food and drinks but all the takings go strictly to PCC.

I'm not trying to promote PCC just stating the facts after being there twice and enjoying it.

The Entertainment book coupon gives BOGO admission. Just that one coupon will be worth the price of the book.

OK! You talked me into it, lol, scored one online for $19.99 free shipping.

FYI this special from Entertainment site is for this week only - President's week.

OK! You talked me into it, lol, scored one online for $19.99 free shipping.

FYI this special from Entertainment site is for this week only - President's week.

You'll enjoy it.

Actually the Entertainment book does keep going down in price. It becomes less valuable as the days go by, so they have to continue to reduce the price, or till they are sold out. But the earlier you get the book the earlier you can use the coupons, including the chain restaurants that are every where not just in Hawaii.

I called PCC directly and booked the Luau and Show. First time to Hawaii, so I want to go to a Luau!! The show comes highly recommended. Since we only in Honolulu for 2 days, I didnt want to spend the whole day at PCC. I got the Ambassador Package and my seats are in the 3rd row. We plan on renting a car and doing as Middleager did...sightsee along the way.:D

You'll enjoy it.

Actually the Entertainment book does keep going down in price. It becomes less valuable as the days go by, so they have to continue to reduce the price, or till they are sold out. But the earlier you get the book the earlier you can use the coupons, including the chain restaurants that are every where not just in Hawaii.

This Entertainment Book...is it just available in the States?

Thanks,

Helga

This Entertainment Book...is it just available in the States?

Thanks,

Helga

You can get it online: www dot entertainment dot com

Just put in that you want the one for Hawaii............I can't imagine why you couldn't order it from Canada.

We bought 2 books a month ago as we will use the PCC 2-for-1 coupons and the Dole Plantation BOGO free as well for our March break for 4 of us. You can order on line from entertaiment dot com. There are other tons of other coupons. You can do a sneak peak on line. The PCC coupon is 2-for-1 upto $49.95.

You can get it online: www dot entertainment dot com

Just put in that you want the one for Hawaii............I can't imagine why you couldn't order it from Canada.

We are Canadian and ordered the book in 2008 unless you plan to use it for PCC and can get it a a good price there isn't much else in it of use unless your spending a lot of time on the Big Island.

The Entertainment book coupon applies to the general admission ticket only. The add-ons (dinner, show, or package upgrade) are not included. quote]

This is not correct. You can use it for any of their packages, including the luau. Just called and booked the Ali'i Luau Package today. You pay the full price, then present the coupon upon arrival and they will credit you the amount of the coupon.

Archived