8 day Baltics formal nights

Blondie008

Okay, so the 8 day Baltic, when we board the ship in Amsterdam, the nght before some will have boarded in Dover, and the night before that, I believe La Havre. How do they work out when the formal nights are, and how many formal nights on an 8 days Baltics cruise ?

On any "normal" cruise, I would expect two formals, 2nd day at sea, and 2nd last night at sea, but .. this cruise is in a "circle"..so - anyone? How does it work?

Thats great, hopefully though not our first night boarding which could be others 2nd day at sea :)

It could well be. The welcome and farewell galas are timed around what the official start port is, so those that join later in the loop may not get it working so well for them. Also known for some to get their farewell one before their welcome one!

It could well be. The welcome and farewell galas are timed around what the official start port is, so those that join later in the loop may not get it working so well for them. Also known for some to get their farewell one before their welcome one!

I have figured today there are FOUR in the loop! So where on earth does it start and finish:eek:

This one has me stumped! Booking excursions, restaurant etc... I am really stumped at trying to figure out when they will do the formal nights:confused:

I can't imagine why you'd need to know in advance, but the daily programme will state it. The reception desk can also give you the specific days for the galas and they'll be listed up at the spa reception so the ladies can make their beauty shop appointments. You'll have plenty of time on your cruise - don't try to program everything ahead of time - that's too much like every day drudgery at home!

I can't imagine why you'd need to know in advance, but the daily programme will state it. The reception desk can also give you the specific days for the galas and they'll be listed up at the spa reception so the ladies can make their beauty shop appointments. You'll have plenty of time on your cruise - don't try to program everything ahead of time - that's too much like every day drudgery at home!

Hmmm not quite like that for this cruise for us, we have a BIG celebration, and we were wondering if the dates would tie in for us on a Gala night. Normally I wouldn't be one bit fussed, but this cruise is particularly special, and being that our family live 6000 miles from us, we are making a lot of plans. For once (we rarely get off the ship now in the Caribbean)we are having a "port intensive" cruise, and are looking at various private excursions. If there are gala nights, we wouldn't want to be planning too long a day off the ship. It is unlikely we will ever visit many of these ports twice, so we do want to make the most of it. We all love formal nights however, and wont want to miss them. I think I am going to take a look at the loop, and see if indeed the normal pattern of gala nights being on sea days would work. I think we only have two sea days... I cant remember. Initially on Magica, we were overnighting in one of the ports and only had one sea day but thats changed now, will check it out and see logically, how they would work it:)

That aside, if we boarded, after nights partying in Amsterdam, to discover we had a formal THAT night...well...we'd kind of like a bit of warning ;)

Nah, just did a wee map of the loop, and the logical way they will work it are days 3 and 6, both sea days, dont think we need worry they will formal night it first night. It does indeed work that some would be having their farewell gala same night as others have their welcome gala, but being logical, it must be days 3 and 6 out of 8 :D Wonder if I am right :)

Archived