Weather in Rome early to mid-May?

SilvertoGold

The one time we did a Med cruise (April) the weather was much warmer that we expected. We took jackets and nearly fried in T-shirts! Is this normal?

This year in early May should we be expecting light jacket weather or a short sleeves and shorts kind of time in Rome?

Many thanks for any experiences.

Our second trip to Rome we arrived May 3rd and stayed 2 nights pre cruise. The days were still quite cool..... slacks and sweaters but the nights were cold.

We then did an 11 night cruise and returned to Rome arriving mid May. It wasn't cool any more !!!! I had to change clothes mid afternoon as I was dressed too warmly (jeans and long sleeve blouse) !!!!

So don't count on shorts early May ..... maybe - but maybe not.

...This year in early May should we be expecting light jacket weather or a short sleeves and shorts kind of time in Rome?

Many thanks for any experiences.

In 2010, we were in Rome the last week of April (very hot in fact too hot to sleep the first night because the hotel didn't get their a/c ready till the next day) and the first week of May (it was warm, but not uncomfortably hot.)

We spent the last half of April 2011 in Rome and it was comfortable. We needed a light jacket most evenings. And it rained some of our last days.

From my experiences, I'd say be ready for either. And you can always buy a sweatshirt if you need it.

• 3 weeks later...

Last year at that time of the year the weather was lovely. I am planning to be there also this year around that time and I will take a light jackt and a pullover just in case it gets cold. Otherwise plan on sunny days, but without the heat from sommer.

Archived