dining package help

gordo44

Hi everyone, I am taking my 3 kids on the oasis in Dec. and was wondering if the dining package would be worth it. my kids are teens. Just how does it work and is there any savings because we do plan on hitting a couple places. Thanks so much

Not sure what you are talking about. I have been on the Oasis...What dining package? Meals are included in your ticket price.

Are you talking about the specialty restaurants? If so....please save your money for other things. There are soooo many places to eat on the ship for no fee.

Specialty dining is a choice, and we're trying a couple on our trip.

I love a good bargain, but the deal breaker for us on our upcoming Allure cruise was that you can only book one specific restaurant in advance, and it has to be on the first night.

For the rest, you have to wait until you get on the ship, which could mean times that conflict with shows or other activities - or nights you'd rather do the Main Dining Room. If you're flexible and don't care about catching all the shows, they seem like a great deal, especially the one that is $55 for 3 restaurants.

You should be able to find details on the 3 different options on the boards - I only have info on Allure.

I need help too...

I really don't have alot of money to spend though we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on board. I have just booked the "My Time Dining" for every night of the cruise. I have two questions

• What are the chances that they will offer a discount to dine at one of these places once onboard? Hubby and I can eat at 5pm, we don't care.

• Is it better to celebrate the night of our anniversary at a speciality restaurant vs the main dining room?

Thanks!

I need help too...

I really don't have alot of money to spend though we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on board. I have just booked the "My Time Dining" for every night of the cruise. I have two questions

• What are the chances that they will offer a discount to dine at one of these places once onboard? Hubby and I can eat at 5pm, we don't care.

• Is it better to celebrate the night of our anniversary at a speciality restaurant vs the main dining room?

Thanks!

No discounts at any of the Specialty Restaurants no matter what time you make a reservation for.

Where you dine on your anniversary will be your decision as to whether you want to be with 2000+ other people in a somewhat noisy atmosphere or a nice table for 2 by a window with very few people around and more quiet.

Unless you booked directly with RC. They do have some dining packages available that save you about 25% over what you would pay if you were to book the seperately.

I didn't mention the restaurant packages because they are expensive to some and the person I responded to indicated that money is tight.

And you only save 25% when you book the entire package.

Okay, thank you guys for that insight. I did look at the $55pp dining package, but I was thinking if I was only gonna do it just for that one special occassion then paying for one night seperatly would be cheaper than paying the $55pp for the three. I also wasn't real pleased with the restrictions that they put on it, like that you have to eat at Chops the first night and then book the other two restaurants once onboard.

I just thought I saw it mentioned by a previous cruiser that their cruise compass during an Allure sailing showed one of the specality restaurants as a buy one get one free deal. I could have been wrong though...

Guess we could also book a lunch once onboard to celebrate as well. :)

I didn't mention the restaurant packages because they are expensive to some.

If someone can afford to spend over 1000.00 per person for a 7 night cruise on the Allure, then how can they complain about a 55.00 package for three nights in the specialty restaurants?

I just thought I saw it mentioned by a previous cruiser that their cruise compass during an Allure sailing showed one of the specality restaurants as a buy one get one free deal. I could have been wrong though...

The buy one get one deal is a coupon that is located in the booklet for those Diamond Plus cruisers.

If someone can afford to spend over 1000.00 per person for a 7 night cruise on the Allure, then how can they complain about a 55.00 package for three nights in the specialty restaurants.

I hardly think that it is your job to decide what someone else can afford to spend.

If someone can afford to spend over 1000.00 per person for a 7 night cruise on the Allure, then how can they complain about a 55.00 package for three nights in the specialty restaurants?

Not everyone has an unlimitced budget and things do add up. Many of us have to pick and choose what extras we will spend more on. While a $2000 for a cruise plus $110 for a package may not seem like much. What about transportation to Ft Lauderdale, possible night before accomidations, shore excursions, suvioner shopping, bar tab, etc. Frankly some of us have to pick and choose what extras we partake in and where our extra dollars are going to.

Not everyone has an unlimitced budget and things do add up. Many of us have to pick and choose what extras we will spend more on. While a $2000 for a cruise plus $110 for a package may not seem like much. What about transportation to Ft Lauderdale, possible night before accomidations, shore excursions, suvioner shopping, bar tab, etc. Frankly some of us have to pick and choose what extras we partake in and where our extra dollars are going to.

Amen!

Butterfly625

I fully agree 100% with your statement, it just seems that if someone can afford to pay the exorbitant up charge that goes with the privilege of cruising on the Allure, then 55 dollars is a drop in the bucket. After all, it did cost at least 200.00 more to go on the Allure than say on the same itinerary on the Freedom of the Seas. I fully realize that with most people decisions have to be made as to where our vacation dollars are spent and which aspects of a cruise are more important than others if money is tight. To some, the ports are important, others give a higher priority to the ship itself and in the case of the Allure and it's sister ship, the Oasis this is very true since they are truly in a class by themselves.

All I was saying in my initial post response is that if someone can afford the extra 200 bucks or more to sail on the Allure, then why skimp and not spend the extra 55.00 and enjoy 3 meals in specialty restaurants that would normally cost 80.00.

Archived