Tips and Secrets on Splendida Mediterranean Cruises

ROCruiser

We sailed from Barcelona on a Sunday recently. The shops were shut but we went to the Picasso Museum which was open and was a wonderful way to spend the morning before boarding our ship!

Hi Poppy,

we are joining Splendida from Barcelona on a sunday and they have said 4pm before we can board. What times were your experience of being able to board after arrival at the port?

:cool:

The European school holidays generally run from early June through early September. August is the worst month for quiet cruising.

Especially for an Italian cruise line since most Italians shut down their buisnesses for 'Ferragosto' they call it, during the month of August. That with no school and kids sail free, a ton of kids on board. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but not all kids are loveable and cute if u know what I mean.

• 2 months later...

We sailed with MSC in 2008 and have just booked the Splendida for August 12, r/t Barcelona. I have a question....when we return to Barcelona, our flight isn't until the evening. I know we'll have to get out of our cabin, but will we be able to linger a bit on the ship (a couple of hours maybe) or will we need to leave first thing in the morning? I know not all the passengers will disembark at Barcelona.

We sailed with MSC in 2008 and have just booked the Splendida for August 12, r/t Barcelona. I have a question....when we return to Barcelona, our flight isn't until the evening. I know we'll have to get out of our cabin, but will we be able to linger a bit on the ship (a couple of hours maybe) or will we need to leave first thing in the morning? I know not all the passengers will disembark at Barcelona.

The most you will be able to stay on board is an extra hour and a bit after arrival. For example if ship arrives at 1pm you will more than likely have to disembark at 2.45pm at the very latest. You can always to a ship tour on day of disembarkation, alternatively you can use luggage storage so you can tour the city on your own. We were in the same situation last time and as we were travelling with very young kids so we opted to get a room at the airport hotel for a few hours.

According to the website, they don't dock until 13.00 so you won't be getting off in the morning. Normally I'd say expect to get off around 14.00 but you may be able to linger a wee bit longer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived