Hotel Olimpia or Hotel Antiche Figure

DJ95

Trying to decide between the two. We are arriving by air, will take the bus. Staying for 5 days pre cruise. We are concerned about managing our luggage, but since we will be there for six days, we want to make sure the hotel is nice, well located and has plenty of close places to eat. Thanks for any input.

Stayed at Antiche Figure pre-cruise in 2010, and will be back May 1. Thought it was a terrific choice--convenient to terminal/bus drop off (train, for that matter), on the canal, small and friendly, nice area. clean, nice old-fashioned "Venice" feeling rooms and comfy bed. Price reasonable for Venice (i.e., high but short of shocking). Would highly recommend.

I do remember one footbridge (not fun to lug the cruise luggage over, but by Venice options standards--an easy, tremendously well-located and convenient location. Ate at a nearby neighborhood restaurant (just strolled "into" the neighborhood behind the main canal/hotel and picked a nice looking spot--don't recall the name).

Both have been well reviewed on this forum. If you look at reviews in venere.com or tripadvisor, the Antiche Figure scores a bit higher. I prefer it's location.

If you want to stay in the Piazzale Roma area and want NO bridges to cross, that would be Ca Doge or Santa Chiara. The Olimpia has 1 small bridge to cross and the Antiche Figure has 2 small bridges.

I wonder if the orange line of the Alilaguna, would put you close to the hotel and have no bridges. I can't tell where that San Angelo stop is in relation to your hotel. Might be worth looking into.

Both have been well reviewed on this forum. If you look at reviews in venere.com or tripadvisor, the Antiche Figure scores a bit higher. I prefer it's location.

If you want to stay in the Piazzale Roma area and want NO bridges to cross, that would be Ca Doge or Santa Chiara. The Olimpia has 1 small bridge to cross and the Antiche Figure has 2 small bridges.

I wonder if the orange line of the Alilaguna, would put you close to the hotel and have no bridges. I can't tell where that San Angelo stop is in relation to your hotel. Might be worth looking into.

san Angelo is nowhere near.

We stayed at the Olimpia in May of 2010. Had a great breakfast. Good location, easy walk from bus and we even walked to ship as there was a taxi stike and the people mover had not started. Had a small elevator, but we sent one of us up at a time with bags.It's a Best Western, so we got points.

Stayed at Antiche Figure pre-cruise in 2010, and will be back May 1. Thought it was a terrific choice--convenient to terminal/bus drop off (train, for that matter), on the canal, small and friendly, nice area. clean, nice old-fashioned "Venice" feeling rooms and comfy bed. Price reasonable for Venice (i.e., high but short of shocking). Would highly recommend.

I do remember one footbridge (not fun to lug the cruise luggage over, but by Venice options standards--an easy, tremendously well-located and convenient location. Ate at a nearby neighborhood restaurant (just strolled "into" the neighborhood behind the main canal/hotel and picked a nice looking spot--don't recall the name).

thanks for the great review!!

Archived