Latitudes membership

mizdiz

We just completed our first NCL cruise. I signed DH and I up for Latitudes. Is there any way my kids can get credit for their cruise and be Latitudes members? The website wouldn't let me sign them up because they are not 13 or older.

According to the NCL Latitudes FAQ (http://www2.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/frequently-asked-questions), they have to be 18. I thought someone had posted a while back that NCL does keep a record of their cruises so when the kids turn 18 and sign up for Latitudes, they will get the credit for those sailings. But, I could be totally wrong about that. The FAQ doesn't mention anything about kids.

My daughters, ages 6 and 8, do have Latitudes numbers, which were assigned in 2010.

If I recall correctly, I had to call and speak to a rep to sign them up.

However, I have no idea whether they've got any kind of credit for past cruises, because I've never bothered to check.

My understanding is that all NCL cruisers are assigned Latitudes numbers when they FIRST book, even though they don't kick in until after the first cruise is completed. The kids can't be active members until they are 13, but rest assured, all the data is in there!

I say this, because we took our first NCL cruise back in October as a family of 3. We just booked our next NCL cruise (now as a family of 4) and the new booking invoice from NCL shows Latitudes numbers for both of our children (even though only the 3-yr old actually has cruised).

If you're curious to find out your children's Latitudes number, you could go through the cruise booking process on NCL's website. When it gets to the screen asking for passenger names, it has an option to "Lookup" Latitudes numbers by providing past cruise details. That was where we first saw our DD's number.

My 3 year old has her own latitudes number and will be taking her 2nd cruise (still 3 years old) next month.

However, you might want to check a little more on them being able to "keep" their latitudes status once they are 18.

There was a big discussion not too long ago because everyone was upset about NCL revamping their latitudes points/membership and children under 18 didn't move up the ladder and basically had to "start all over" once they turned 18. :(

sometimes emails from the cruise line...are just annoying.

Dear ALEXAVIER MEYER,

We recently noticed you had multiple accounts on file with us. No worries. We’ve merged them into one account and captured all your cruise history in one convenient place.

Your current Latitudes number/Client ID: 220656207

Use it every time you book a cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, and we’ll be sure to record your loyalty. In the meantime, simply register or log into ncl.com/myncl to review your account information. If you have any further questions, call us toll-free at 800-327-7030.

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line!

P.S. Please save this email, so you’ll always have your account information handy.

Alex is three he is pictured above(the younger one)...this was his third cruise. The older one has been on 4.

The problem with this email from the NCL is that you can't sign them in on myncl. They have to be 14 to sign on. Do they really expect me to remember this number?

Archived