info deck 7 Brilliance balcony cabins

39august

I am just back from the lovely 7676 aft cabin on Brilliance. While on board, I snooped into some deck 7 cabins to see if those in the most fore and most aft sides actually have slightly larger balconies than other decks. Yes, they do. However, cabin 7652 starboard, the first toward the aft with the larger balcony, also has some sort of metal structure off one side toward the bow that looks like a "shelf" sticking out. I would not book this cabin. I would assume that the adjacent cabin on the port side would have the same "shelf". Cabin 7670, the last side balcony toward the aft starboard has a partially obstructed view due to a metal bulkhead about halfway across the balcony so you lose about half the view. Again, I assume the adjacent cabin on the portside would also have this bulkhead obstruction. Cabin 7094 ( E1 ) portside has a huge balcony with 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs and still plenty of room. I looked at this one because we have it booked on the Jewel next Feb. And be aware that except for aft cabins and those with extra big balconies, your view on deck 7 is out over the white covers of the life boats.

Cabin 7094 ( E1 ) portside has a huge balcony with 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs and still plenty of room. I looked at this one because we have it booked on the Jewel next Feb. And be aware that except for aft cabins and those with extra big balconies, your view on deck 7 is out over the white covers of the life boats.

39August - Thanks so much for this post. I've been trying to get information about 7094 as I have this cabin booked on the Brilliance for a TA. Sounds like it will be a great place to call home for my trip!

Just to clarify...are you saying that the life boat overhang is not a problem from the 7094 balcony?

We requested a lounge chair from our room steward for 7676 balcony. She brought it right away. So we had 2 regular chairs and a lounger as well as a small table and had ample room to move around. So, yes, you could have 2 loungers, but you would probably want to remove at least one of the chairs. RRman- I didn't go all the way out to the balcony of 7094 as the room steward was reluctant to let me in the cabin, but it appeared as tho' there was no white cover sticking out past this balcony.

Hey 39August... Thanks for the info. We have 7676 booked on the Radiance for a 14-nite through the Panama Canal in Oct. Hopefully deck plans are the same - sounds like a perfect cabin. Just wish I could get October to arrive a lot sooner:)

Hey 39august, we have 7654 on Radiance for Alaska in September. we booked it because of the larger balcony and its Starboard side. I have 2 Questions for you:

1. Will we be able to look down into the water???? - Looking at the deck plans it seems there are NO lifeboats under us but there seems to be something jutting out under us preventing us looking down (Roof of Jakarta Lounge ??)

2. I see that 7676 has come available on our cruise - Should we consider upgrading to this cabin. I know these Aft's are really in demand but I'm unsure about the fact that we would be looking 'backwards' and would much prefer starboard. What do you think??

Thanks in advance for any info.:)

I don't know about 7654. I think since it has a larger balcony (but very little larger)you will not be looking down at life boats. However, if you can get 7676 or any aft balcony, you should grab it. Looking "backwards" means you get a hypnotic view of the wake. It also means you can see both sides of the canal as you pass through and see the closing of the locks(which is the same as opeining if you were all the way foreward.). Your balcony will be at least 2 1/2 times larger! It's also a noticiably larger cabin space with a full sofa. I'd not want to spend that long a cruise in an E cabin.

Presently aboard the Brilliance in 7094 as she makes her way to Lisbon. To be sure the balcony of this cabin is spacious and very private. Unfortunately, there is a slight overhang from the life boat covering. The view is much less impacted than other forward cabins on Deck 7 but still somewhat obstructed. It doesn't bother me but some might prefer to be up a deck or two to get away from it altogether (e.g., 8088). What has gotten to me, however, are the sounds from the Centrum which go on until after midnight. I think I would rather have a smaller balcony and a much quieter environment. But that's just a matter of personal preference.

Brillance Cabin 8672 - The back tip- Is this good or bad. Sorry having trouble posting. Reply to Sydneyalice@aol.com HELP

Sydney777 - I can't say as I've never stayed in an aft cabin. There are several CC friends in aft cabins on board who say they wouldn't have anything else. They love the views and the spacious balconies. There are several threads here with the pros and cons. You might want to check them for more details. One thing for certain, on this eastbound TA, those aft cabins have enjoyed some spectacular sunsets.

Archived