Carnival Sale that might save you money

Vitality08

Just got an email from Carnival about their Leap Year sale. They are offering OBC on select sailings.

Normally, these "sales" jack the price up by at least $200 and then give you $150 OBC. I did a few mock bookings and this sale might actually save someone money.

On one, the sale fare was $100 more than ES but you get $150 in OBC. On another the sale fare was $25 more than another fare code (not es) and you still got the $150 OBC.

Most of the qualifying sailings are thru the end of this year. I'm not looking to sail until next year so I can't take advantage of the offerings but someone here might.

i didnt get a email from carnival, i never do. dont know why either

You aren't alone in this- I have tried many many times to get on their email list. I have even called and spoken to several departments. I have given up and rely on people here.

You aren't alone in this- I have tried many many times to get on their email list. I have even called and spoken to several departments. I have given up and rely on people here.

Even after 6 sailings with Carnival, I've never received e-amils, calls or US mail from them. Yet, I've never sailed or even called Norwegian and I get something from them at least once a month. And Holland America?.......sheesh, feels like I'm the only one who's ever sailed them with the number of brochures/calls/e-mails they throw my way.

I was looking at this and on some of the sailings I'm interested in it's the same price as PG rate. So free OBC! On some it's not a great deal at all. You would be paying more or giving yourself OBC. It's always worth it to check.

This is my first time looking into price drops and such as I didnt know about the opportunities on my first Carnival cruise a couple years ago. So with this leap year sale, the same cabin/category as mine is $97 more than I paid for ES. So do I call up my PVP and they do something so I get the $53 in OBC? Does this affect me getting to take advantage of any other price drops in the the future if they price goes below my original amount or is that it? Would it be better to see if there are any other rate drops later? Help.

Connie

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=cojuqui&date=6-10-2012&text=Countin

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Archived