Carnival Stock Takes Another Hit

MikeM

Losing another ship the (Costa Allegra ship fire is adrift) has caused CCL Stock to retreat again. This tied to the cost of oil will be a heavy load to carry in the near future.

RCCL stock has been downgraded today.

It may be a stock buy for some, but for me, a long time and fairly large shareholder, I am hoping someone starts a shareholder suit against them. Between The Concordia preventable accident, the robbery in Puerta Vallarta (which is not even a port of call any more for numerous other ships), and now the Allegra; Carnival stock is down 29% below it's 52 week high. It's also 9.5% below its 200 day moving average. This company needs better management. I heard the owner won't even show his face or make a proper public statement except to comment on his Basketball team.

2/28/1012: World cruise giant hits trouble after accidents

..."ROME - Italy’s Costa Crociere and its giant U.S. parent company Carnival Corporation - the world’s biggest cruise operator - are on the ropes after two accidents on their luxury cruise ships in fewer than two months.

Shares in Carnival slipped 0.03 percent on the New York Stock Exchange on Monday after reports that the Costa Allegra was adrift in the Indian Ocean following a fire on board but analysts warned they could fall much further....Miami-based Carnival’s share price has already lost around 15 percent in the wake of the Costa Concordia disaster and the company has said it expects profits to fall by up to $175 million this year...."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/travel/World+cruise+giant+hits+trouble+after+accidents/6221224/story.html

Perfect time to buy more!;)

Or you could wait until next week when it is even cheaper! Cruise stocks are currently dogs- if you bought CCL two weeks ago, lucky you, it is now worth $150 less than what you paid for it, that pretty much negates that $100 obc. I sold my CCL two weeks ago, put the money into Apple which has appreciated $500 in the same time span:p

Or you could wait until next week when it is even cheaper! Cruise stocks are currently dogs- if you bought CCL two weeks ago, lucky you, it is now worth $150 less than what you paid for it, that pretty much negates that $100 obc. I sold my CCL two weeks ago, put the money into Apple which has appreciated $500 in the same time span:p

Smart move buying Apple over CCL. Used to be that you could combine shareholder credits with other cruise credits or coupons and get some nice savings. But now, I would rather buy any number of dividend paying stocks (sorry but Apple pays no dividends) and get much better returns than a minor share holder credit. With oil prices rising, unrest in the world, and cruise incidents, I think all cruise stocks are in for a rough time for a long time.

Smart move buying Apple over CCL. Used to be that you could combine shareholder credits with other cruise credits or coupons and get some nice savings. But now, I would rather buy any number of dividend paying stocks (sorry but Apple pays no dividends) and get much better returns than a minor share holder credit. With oil prices rising, unrest in the world, and cruise incidents, I think all cruise stocks are in for a rough time for a long time.

You can still combine the shareholder credit with other credits such as future cruise certificate, early saver price drops, the Mastercard promotion, etc. I believe it's RCCL that does not allow you to combine credits.

Archived