Birthday Cakes

Seavoyage

Hi All -

Can someone please advise if HAL automatically provides a birthday cake on someone's birthday or does that have to be ordered?

Thank you in advance.

I have to agree with the posts that recommend reminding the dining staff of your special event. We were on the Eurodam last June and my DW noted on our cruise docs that it was our anniversary. A cake didn't show up during the cruise. No big loss since we were assigned Any Time dining and were sitting at a table for 4. Tom

Like with most things in life......

The best way to not be disappointed is to make your wishes/hopes known. They aren't always met but at least you know you did your best to have whatever it was you wanted be accomplished.

Last May on the NA, we dined in the PG on my birthday which was our second night of the cruise. The waiter very quietly served me a small cake at the end (no singing nor fanfare, thankfully.) Perfect. Our PCC was aware that it was my birthday and I did mention it to our waiter in the MDR the first evening as I wanted him to know that we would be dining in the PG the second night. So I'm not sure who arranged the cake, but it was very nicely done.

Archived