Avoiding Embarkation Lines?

huneymoonerz

I would suggest you be at the port by 10am. Yes, there will be lines, but the lines won't be out the building and the wait time to board won't be too bad. The kids can entertain themselves while waiting for the boardin to call.

I have seen the line at 130 when cabins open up and it is well outside the building. The earlier to arrive the better.

It also helps to have VIP status--Platinum/milestone or in a suite. If not, well, get there early. I have noticed that it is usually 11am when boarding starts.

Hello!

On our last cruise in September aboard the spirit; when our group number was called we were directed to the VIP/handicap line. The attendant pointed out he was sending us there because of our 2 year old. Perhaps you would get the offer also?

-ron

Thanks! We boarded at Long Beach through the handicap line which made things faster. We didn't ask, they just sent us that way. Maybe it will happen again!

When we took our last cruise we had lost our DD's birth certificate and knew we were in for a long wait. It still only took about 90 minutes before we made it on board but I couldn't judge the lines for others.

I got there at 10:45 and was on the ship by 12:30. There were lines but they went quick. Longest was waiting for the t o start boarding the ship.

Its amazing at how many clowns think rules and lines dont pertain to them. Every zone they called, at least 25 others tried to get on too. They were all turned back.

Archived