Balcony Banners

Ted W

On my last cruise, our room steward told us that Carnival has begun a new policy...and if he saw anything left on our balcony when he came in to clean the room, he would have to remove the items from the balcony and bring them inside.

Our steward recently told us the same after he placed everything back in our cabin one day. Its for a variety of reasons, but they do clean the balconies in port days. He also hinted that there have been issues with people storing items on the balconies, so the added yet another responsibility to the room stewards-balcony police.

If it's not against the rules...who cares? Not me. To each his own.:D

When the DS was younger I use to decorate the cabin doors and the inside of the cabin. We've travel at spring break every year since he was 9 (now16) and I always had a big bunny with little chicks on the door since it was always around Easter. Haven't done it in several years. No one ever took anything off the door. I did it on Carnival, NCL, and Costa.

We do inside cabins so never needed to decorate a balcony before. I've heard some people put lights out there and fake palm trees. I say whatever floats your boat as long as you aren't breaking any rules or infringing on someone else's space...do your thing. :)

If flying a flag from your balcony makes you happy then go ahead and do it. If it is against Carnival's policy, I'm sure your steward will politely help you take it down or ask you to take it down. Other than that, you paid for the balcony- you can decorate it however you want- whether others find it tacky or not. I generally believe in trying to be respectful of others, but if them coming back from port and seeing your flag ruins their trip, they really need a life. No one is telling them they HAVE to fly a flag.

Is there any chance they take them down because they could be a fire hazzard? We've had cigarette butts land on our balcony before because idiots who throw them overboard or off other balconies don't realize the can be blown onto other parts of the ship.

I'm sorry that all you people are so much more refined than I.

As a PROUD American, to me, there's nothing better looking than the Stars and Stripes.

So I guess I'll continue to be 'tacky'.

Agreed! There is nothing 'tacky' about an American flag. I fly one outside of my house every day, I see nothing wrong with having one on your balcony when you are on vacation.

Archived