Balcony Banners

Ted W

Last cruise I was on in Dec 2010 on Spirit,some people hung large flags from their balconies while in port. Is there any issues with doing this?

I want to hang my big pirate flag off the side.......sounds stupid,I know

I was on the Spirit 1/27/11 and i put up a small 1x2 Polish flag on my balcony, just for a laugh, and to see my cabin from shore. When i got back to the ship from PV, the flag was gone,......it was on my bed when I got back onboard. No biggie. Someone DID steal my door plaque. Another no biggie. It goes with CCL, "The Fun Ships" Going again on 3/16, same-o, same-o.

I was on the Spirit 1/27/11 and i put up a small 1x2 Polish flag on my balcony, just for a laugh, and to see my cabin from shore. When i got back to the ship from PV, the flag was gone,......it was on my bed when I got back onboard. No biggie. Someone DID steal my door plaque. Another no biggie. It goes with CCL, "The Fun Ships" Going again on 3/16, same-o, same-o.

Sometimes they will be cleaning balconies while in port. Maybe that is why they removed your flag.

When we were on the Glory the came in and took everything off our balcony one day in port (books, towels on the chairs, swimming suits that were drying) and put them all inside. They were washing balconies and everything that stayed out got doused....

Last cruise I was on in Dec 2010 on Spirit,some people hung large flags from their balconies while in port. Is there any issues with doing this?

I want to hang my big pirate flag off the side.......sounds stupid,I know

that was quite a while ago

It really is a safety issue for flags. etc to be hung out.

(even while in port they will be removed)

We have a large Canadian flag that we hang on our balcony .. we also decorate our cabin door.. funny thing is.. that people loved the falg .. they were able to find there cabins from the flag.. we are doing it again on the Breeze but we jsut have to figure out how to attach it to the balcony.. there is no glass to suction cup the hooks too..

I guess it should be a requirement to have a flag dangling off EVERY balcony. Then we can call it a ....FLAGSHIP:D

Actually, after posting my last message, I thought that would be really cool. Can you imagine a ship, pulled into port, with dozens (hundreds?) of different flags flying for all of the countries or states represented on board?

Actually, after posting my last message, I thought that would be really cool. Can you imagine a ship, pulled into port, with dozens (hundreds?) of different flags flying for all of the countries or states represented on board?

I'm trying not to. I agree with it being tacky.

I can't imagine anything more tacky.

As you are coming back after a fantastic day in port would you really pay any attention to someones balcony and if they have a banner or flag hanging off of it and then say to your cruise mate...."oh my, that is so tacky" ? :rolleyes:

I couldnt care one way or another. But really it doesnt matter as another poster stated, they power wash the sides and balconies in many ports so they would be removed regardless.

Archived