Taxi van for 7 with a stop along the way?

World Gallery

We had looked into a private transfer to the airport but after reading the other threads, it seems it is not necessary. How hard would it be to get a taxi van for 7 with 7 med. suitcases and 7 small bags per person? We are a family with 5 kids and do not want to split up into 2 taxis.

Also, if we have time that morning, we would like to make a stop at the Sagrada Familia church. Would a taxi at the port do this or is this something I would have to book in advance? I understand it will cost more but wanted to know if it were even possible. Our flight is for 12:30 so we understand it would all depend on how fast we can get off of the ship.

Also, what would be the cost of a van vs. a 4 person taxi to the airport?

I am not sure about a large cab/mini van but I would not risk the extra stop. I flew back the day after a cruise and gave myself 2 hours in the early morning at the airport. It took me almost 1 1/2 hours to check my luggage. Clearing security was quick but I was quite nervous. I got to my gate and my flight was already boarding.

If you get off really early and drive by the church, that might work but I would not plan on stopping.

Barcelona airport can be a zoo.

By law, Barcelona taxis can carry a maximum of 4 passengers. You will have to split up, or make alternate arrangements.

Have you googled this information?

Yes, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. I was going to book a private transfer but then saw it mentioned here that there are taxi vans at the port, so I thought it may be easier to get a taxi van on the spot instead of trying to find a pre-booked van, since it sound like it is very crowded and busy at the port. Also, I am finding that the private transfer companies I have contacted aren't reading my email request but copying and pasting a generic form telling me that they do have availablity. I have asked about making a stop along the way and about needing a van but they don't answer that question and I can tell it is a "copied and pasted" reply.

Yes, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. I was going to book a private transfer but then saw it mentioned here that there are taxi vans at the port, so I thought it may be easier to get a taxi van on the spot instead of trying to find a pre-booked van, since it sound like it is very crowded and busy at the port. Also, I am finding that the private transfer companies I have contacted aren't reading my email request but copying and pasting a generic form telling me that they do have availablity. I have asked about making a stop along the way and about needing a van but they don't answer that question and I can tell it is a "copied and pasted" reply.

Jose Soler of pepitotours.com has vans that will accomodate you. We used him in October to pick us up at the airport - we were a group of 6 - and take us on a 1/2 day tour and then take us to our hotel. The next day we used Jose for a whole day tour of Barcelona. The third day he picked us up at the hotel and took us to our ship. And, by the way, we also had a lot of luggage - 12 suitcases - and he was able to fit all these in the van. He also gave us wonderful tours of Barclona.

Archived