Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

I am not so much worried about it but my other half is now JUST because we are a Interracial Marriage. Have you guys noticed other similiar couples on the cruise?

We are an Interracial Couple (married 10 years) and have NEVER been treated poorly on a Carnival cruise (or any other cruise for that matter). Not saying that ignorance in all forms does not exist everywhere, but it is not a major issue as we have seen MANY other couples "like us."

I really need some feedback on this topic. Me and the misses were discussing a cruise that we booked with some friends last night and heard more than I expected in the negative field about Carnival.

I have no opinion as I have never cruised before on ANY cruise line but they way they explained to me on several situations how they were treated and also the class of people on board. I am not rich by any means but we did book a very nice 7 day trip for 2 just under $5k (which I thought I was really going all in).

Not sure if many of you guys have experienced Walmart at 11pm-4am, if you haven't, it's more than your human eyes can bear.

Hope I booked the right cruise. :mad:

BTW, it is the Magic that we booked. AND they told us we should have booked Celebrity. :confused::confused:

One of the things that I loved best about CCL is the diversity of the passengers...all demographics covered as far as social status, age, race...etc. When you have a ship full of a great mix of backgrounds it makes the cruise better.

I sailed Celebrity once.....no mix. No fun.

EDITED:

I posted before reading all the pages and I cannot believe the tangent this thread is :rolleyes:

Actually we didn't. Like I said we were looking for something different in that vacation and we had just done 3 Carnival Cruises in a row. The food and and entertainment were all starting to taste and look alike and we were ready for a change. Not that we didn't like our Carnival Cruises, we did. We were just up for a change and NCL Epic and RCCL Oasis were the 2 ships that interested us the most at that time. I have to admit that we were leaning more towards Epic to start with because the entertainment they offered was geared more towards what we wanted to see. With it being $1000 less than Oasis that just sealed the decision for us. We absolutely loved the Blue Man Group, Howl at the Moon and Cirque Dreams.

My BIL just got off Epic this past Saturday. He loved the shows. I would go on the ship just for them. I am also a bit tired of the same shows over and over and over on CCL!

You can fly Delta or you can fly Southwest. They both get you to the same place, but I bet Southwest will be cheaper.

Does it make you low income because you fly Southwest?

Frankly, ones choice of user name on a public message board says a lot more about them than their choice of cruise lines IMO.

One of the things that I loved best about CCL is the diversity of the passengers...all demographics covered as far as social status, age, race...etc. When you have a ship full of a great mix of backgrounds it makes the cruise better.

EDITED:

I posted before reading all the pages and I cannot believe the tangent this thread is :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more.

I do not think anyone who can afford a cruise-any cruise-- would be considered low income. We are not wealthy by any means, but comfortable. We go Carnival because the price is within our budget. As pp states, we also enjoy the diversity on the ship. Is CCL the Wmart of the seas? If so, Wmart of the seas here we come.

I do not think anyone who can afford a cruise-any cruise-- would be considered low income. We are not wealthy by any means, but comfortable. We go Carnival because the price is within our budget. As pp states, we also enjoy the diversity on the ship. Is CCL the Wmart of the seas? If so, Wmart of the seas here we come.

Lol, SO if RCCL considered Target of the seas?

After several cruises with With RCCL we have decided to change cruise line. 2 cabins for a family of four is over 5,000 pounds. This is without tips, alcohol or excursions. I wouldn't consider this a cheap, lower class or Walmart holiday. We sail the on the Breeze July 2012. Nervous....yes.......excited......yes.........Our holiday is what we make it......If We are determined to have a great time, we will have a great time......

P.s....It is because or all your positive comments on cc that we decided carnival instead of Any other cruise line.x

My BIL just got off Epic this past Saturday. He loved the shows. I would go on the ship just for them. I am also a bit tired of the same shows over and over and over on CCL!

You have done way more CCL cruises than we have over the last couple of years...I would be definately be ready for a change if I were in your shoes. I don't how you did as many as you have without needing a change of pace. And your BIL is right the shows are awesome and well worth trying the ship to see them. It was a welcome change for us.

We LOVE the mix of folks on a cruise! There's not much diversity where I live, so it's fun to escape to a place where you can hang out with all types of people that are different than you....seriously fun, and I like my kids to get exposed to all people, not just the one's that live in our "bubble". Also, you never know how many people will find themselves leaving their stereotypes behind when they cruise...people are way more laid back on a ship. For example, I never would have guessed that on the last night of our Splendor cruise I'd be sharing lipstick, doing the splits, and giving my bra to a very nice 20-something flamboyant gay guy ;) One of the best nights of the trip! LOL!

Some of you will know what I'm talking about ;)

Anyhow, just go and have fun and ignore the haters and the cruise snobs and the occasional hillbilly.....95% of cruisers will be just like you...ready for fun:)

I have been to Walmart myself but you won't catch me there after midnight. Have you ever seen the website "People of Walmart"? :eek:

I have been on 2 Carnival cruises. Is the ship full of "trailer trash"? No. You may see some folks who will wear flip flops, wife beater t-shirts and shorts in the MDR. I have never been to the MDR on formal night on any cruise because we choose not to dress up and don't wish to ruin it for all who love to dress to the t's. But I have seen some very under-dressed folks on the other nights.

DH and I will probably never book Carnival again but it just wasn't our cup of tea - the decor of the ships were not easy on our eyes. I have co-workers that will book nothing but Princess. There is a cruise line out there for everyone. Don't let your friend's comments taint you. Go with an open mind and above all, have fun. The ships are big so it isn't like you are going to be stuck in Isle 10 for 7 days.

Ha! Like Carnival accepts food stamps. Cruises are not low-income anything, including Carnival. I've been on 2 Carnival cruises. They are more budget friendly for families. It's still a cruise and still fun. I guess you can compare it to the difference from a Honda and a Lexus. They will both are good cars, both have luxury add-ons, and both will get you there. It's up to you what level of luxury you want.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Just off RCCL's Explorer of the Seas yesterday and I CAN'T wait to get back on the Carnival Miracle. The EOS cruise had to be one of the WORST cruises ever! In all the time and different ships we've cruised, we have never had such rude adults and children than on this cruise. The food was HORRIBLE! For us it's not cruise line by cruise line, BUT ship by ship. If you read reviews carefully, you will see which ships are better than others.

EDITED:

So....are the flowers in bloom yet in Maine.....lol

Might as well add another tangent:eek:

Just off RCCL's Explorer of the Seas yesterday and I CAN'T wait to get back on the Carnival Miracle. The EOS cruise had to be one of the WORST cruises ever! In all the time and different ships we've cruised, we have never had such rude adults and children than on this cruise. The food was HORRIBLE! For us it's not cruise line by cruise line, BUT ship by ship. If you read reviews carefully, you will see which ships are better than others.

Yep. That is a direct result of the embarkation port. You will never see me on EOS while it is there.

Well, I don't happen to have a copy of the CCL Corporate documents to see what, if any liablity they have, but as a parent company, they are already liable...own CCL stock? They are liable as the parent company to their stockholders as their stock has been negatively affected by both of these recent Costa accidents.

My husband is a lawyer in the same venue as cases against Carnival - Southern District of Florida, Miami. Right now, people are throwing darts and pursuing the ones that stick. The dart at Carnival will not stick because the holding company is not liable for what happens aboard a Costa Crociere (aka Costa Cruises) ship because they are an independent operating company in this aspect. The publicly traded stock is a seperate matter.

I know wealthy people that I consider to be trash, I also have come accross less fortunate people (financially speaking) and think they are the salt of the earth.

"If we are to be juged by the size of our wallets, then society has failed, poorly"

William E.G. Walters (1845)

My accomplishment was to get valued facts from what others here have seen or learned from cruising Carnival. THAT is why I posted this on Carnivals board. What response do you think I would have gotten if I posted this on another cruise line board?? :rolleyes:

Maybe had you worded it differently, you would have had a better response from people. As someone else stated, yes, it's a budget line. But to generalize that people who cruise Carnival are considered low income is rather insulting. It's almost insinuating they are "low class."

Maybe had you worded it differently, you would have had a better response from people. As someone else stated, yes, it's a budget line. But to generalize that people who cruise Carnival are considered low income is rather insulting. It's almost insinuating they are "low class."

Low income is not a bad thing as I do have quite a few family members and friends that would be considered low income (in Texas), BUT on the flipside of that, low income families (mainly white) sometimes frown upon Interracial Couples and/or vice versa. We just want to have a good time, not too much to ask for.

I honestly did not know Carnival was considered "Budget Cruise Line" as you stated. I look at the Value compared to what I am getting for my dollar.

I did alot of research before I dropped that kinda $$ on a cruise and still happy with our decision.

Archived