New Aqua cabins on Summit, Deck 11

Jewelry Girl

Just wondered if anyone has stayed in one of the new Aqua cabins on Deck 11 on the Summit. We just booked 1101, will there be any problem with cigarette smoke or movement. I am new the the Celebrity site and am wondering if there is a problem bringing wine or champagne onboard.

Just wondered if anyone has stayed in one of the new Aqua cabins on Deck 11 on the Summit. We just booked 1101, will there be any problem with cigarette smoke or movement. I am new the the Celebrity site and am wondering if there is a problem bringing wine or champagne onboard.

There is a detailed review with photos by a recent cruiser who occupied 1100

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1580616

• 10 months later...

We weren't bothered by smoke, but we did find our cabin on deck 11 more difficult to get to since the lower elevators don't go directly up there. We enjoyed our breakfasts in Blu, but the dinners were disappointing. We were on the October New England cruise.

While we haven't stayed in one of the new Aqua Class cabins on the Summit, we did B2B cruises on the Infinity. We were in 1138 for both legs, which is one of the new Aqua aft cabins directly over the Sunset Bar. Both my husband and I find cigarette smoke very unpleasant, but never did smell it at any time on the Infinity.

we just returned from our cruise on the Summit-we were in room 1109-right by the elevator. We never smelled any smoke, either on our balcony or in our room. We could hear music when we are on our balcony (i brought my Bose Soundlink so i would hear my own music as opposed to the ship's music) but couldnt hear anything when in the room. The rooms are more difficult to get to and found it was easier to walk outside to get to the rooms. We really enjoyed the shower-enough room to pick up dropped soap,glass doors, large shower head and jets and we also enjoyed the service and food in Blu. We enjoyed the extras we got from Aqua class and it will be hard to go back to other types of rooms.

• 4 weeks later...
we just returned from our cruise on the Summit-we were in room 1109-right by the elevator. We never smelled any smoke, either on our balcony or in our room. We could hear music when we are on our balcony (i brought my Bose Soundlink so i would hear my own music as opposed to the ship's music) but couldnt hear anything when in the room. The rooms are more difficult to get to and found it was easier to walk outside to get to the rooms. We really enjoyed the shower-enough room to pick up dropped soap,glass doors, large shower head and jets and we also enjoyed the service and food in Blu. We enjoyed the extras we got from Aqua class and it will be hard to go back to other types of rooms.

Hello, fellow Massachusetts resident! This is actually a pretty good review, especially since I'll be staying in Room 1107 on March 16th. I'm assuming elevators and traffic is not a problem with these rooms... Also, do you have room/balcony photos you can share?

We just returned from the Summit and were in 1111. We really enjoyed this room, and although it took a day or so to get used to having to go to the aft staircase to get to the room, we really liked that. There was no hallway noise, and very few people used those stairs or elevators all the way to deck 11.

The shower was really nice, the room was clean and new, and we never heard anything or smelled any smoke when on our balcony.

We really enjoyed eating in Blu. We had every dinner and all but 2 breakfasts there. They don't open for breakfast until 7:30 and twice we had excursions where we needed to be on the pier by 8am.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm booked to sail on Summit to Bermuda in July. Right now we have an aft CC cabin on deck 9. It has a huge balcony, but it is all covered and we like sun!

We're wondering what the balconies are like on the new deck 11. Are they covered?

Some photos here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590279

And here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586311

Avid -- thanks for your help. There is so much information on these boards, it's just a bit hard to pull it all out. I'm still trying to learn the best combination of Google and the site search to pull out what I'm looking for.

The side view photo shows that the balconies on 11 are so small compared to what we have booked in an aft on 9. Decisions, decisions. Either way, it is going to be a great escape.

We are on the millenium now...and I have been asking about the cabins on 11. So far I've heard from one couple that has a rear cabin on the port side and they say that in port they smell smoke....which makes sense since there is no wind to blow it away. The other complaint was a bit more concern....they said they were covered with fine white particles one day from the smokestacks. Only happened that one day.. but they are now reluctant to sit outside.

We were in 1105 on the Infinity in October. We never smelled any smoke. We really liked being near the elevators as there was always one available because of people taking them to the Oceanview Cafe on 10. Yes for the first few days you had to stop and think how you were going to get to other parts of the ship but once that was figured out it was no problem. We did have some ash from the stacks on occasion but never experienced it "raining down" on us.

( but we would brush off the chairs before sitting on them). It was very quiet there as people never seemed to use it as a cut through. It also was nice being in a brand new room.

Archived