Cancelling PV Tours

Ted W

Just heard on the news that Carnival is cancelling all the tours in Puerto Vallarta. They are still stopping, but no tours?

We sail 3/30 on Spirit and booked Dune Buggies outside of Carnival, wonder if this is safe for a family of 4, or should I try to get my $$$ back ahead of time?

Just heard on the news that Carnival is cancelling all the tours in Puerto Vallarta. They are still stopping, but no tours?

We sail 3/30 on Spirit and booked Dune Buggies outside of Carnival, wonder if this is safe for a family of 4, or should I try to get my $$$ back ahead of time?

Are you sure it isn't the press over-stating the reality. I am still able to book tours through Carnival for PV in 4 weeks. There is one tour that has been pulled, but all the rest are still listed.

Also, do you have a link?

We are on the same cruise as you and have booked a tour to Las Caletas and I have been assured by Carnival that it will still be running. I think the news report you heard is incorrect. Everything I have read even as recently as articles posted today state that Carnival is only suspending the one tour in question. At most I would think they would consider suspending other tours that travel to the same area but I can't imagine they would cancel all of the tours.

I read this on the news too, but read on Johns blog they were just removing that tour.

Who is reporting this? Any links? I haven't seen this yet. I've just seen that they are still reporting that the bus was robbed even though it happened on the trail.

I am going on the Splendor on March 11th and have an excursion booked for PV. I called Carnival to ask if my excursion is cancelled. They said the only ones cancelled are the one by that particular vendor. Mine is a different vendor and is going to a different part of PV. They said Carnival has boosted up security on all Mexico excursions and expect there will be no more problems. If people are worried and want to cancel their excursions, they can do so up till the day before the tour and get full refund. This is what the guy at Carnival said on the phone. I am not going to cancel anything. I am going to enjoy myself and not worry about anything.

I am going on the Splendor on March 11th and have an excursion booked for PV. I called Carnival to ask if my excursion is cancelled. They said the only ones cancelled are the one by that particular vendor. Mine is a different vendor and is going to a different part of PV. They said Carnival has boosted up security on all Mexico excursions and expect there will be no more problems. If people are worried and want to cancel their excursions, they can do so up till the day before the tour and get full refund. This is what the guy at Carnival said on the phone. I am not going to cancel anything. I am going to enjoy myself and not worry about anything.

I am booked direct on one, and through Puerto Vallarta tours for another. I really really wish it was 2 days in PV instead of Cabo.

...and we too are going to go enjoy ourselves and not worry about anything (except how to see as much as we can of PV).

My biggest concern right now is that 26 days is sooooo far away and time is slowing as we speak. Im ready to go NOW.

We are on the Spirit 3/30 cruise and have booked through Carnival the extreme Canopy/zipline tour. I do not see this tour available to book anymore but it still shows up in my cruise docs. Has this tour been canceled? Everyone that knows we are going to PV is calling saying they have canceled the port. I sure hope not.

We are on the Spirit 3/30 cruise and have booked through Carnival the extreme Canopy/zipline tour. I do not see this tour available to book anymore but it still shows up in my cruise docs. Has this tour been canceled? Everyone that knows we are going to PV is calling saying they have canceled the port. I sure hope not.

Sometimes excursions drop off because they are full, which could be the case with yours.

we are going on the Splendor on March 11th and are booked on that extreme canopy zip line tour. I called Carnival to make sure it wasn't cancelled. They said it was not cancelled, and it's in a whole different part of Puerto Vallarta than the tour that was robbed. It still shows up as an option to book for my cruise, so maybe it's full for yours?

We were on the Splendor last week(not part of the excursion that had the problem) and we would go back again to PV and Cabo. In PV, we took the 7 hour boat for Whales, Dolphins, and Snorkeling and the crew on the boat was the best ever and very interactive with us. Well worth the money and time and saw all that was promised. I did not do any of the activities and still had a great time. With Cabo, we used Oceanriders to go whalewatching and they were the best. Would do that again with them in a second!! Also, these tour people work hard, so please remember to tip them. The tip is so minor to us that can afford to cruise and when many in Mexico work 10 hours a day and make $5.

What I learned from this experience is to not take my passport or driver's license(just photocopies) off the ship, one credit card(make a copy front and back of CC so you have the info to contact your CC company if card is lost or stolen), and not too much cash.

What happened in PV could have happened in the best areas of any city any day. Please, enjoy yourself and relax.

Who is reporting this? Any links? I haven't seen this yet. I've just seen that they are still reporting that the bus was robbed even though it happened on the trail.

I read it on our Local CP 24(Toronto area) station so no link, as for Johns Blog maybe I can link that info if I can figure it out :)

I got a response from carnival on their facebook page. They are not canceling the port only the excursion that the robbery occured on. I for one am very glad to hear that. We have been on 5 mexican rivera cruises and while they are not my favorite I do enjoy them. I will take some extra percautions this time. I will leave jewlery and expensive watches on board. I will bring cash only.......and only the amount I was planning on blowing shopping (so I am basically losing it anyway) I will be aware of my surroundings and I will have a fabulous time! Only one time have I felt unsafe in Mexico and it was Acupolco and it was about 9pm. We were walking along the main drag and there were some locals following us. I could see up ahead and there were some street lights out. It looked like to me a dicey situation so I suggested to my husband that we turn around and go back to the ship. We did and nothing happened. I cant say that anything would have happened but I will give the advice to be careful, and be aware, dont be an easy target. I would take the same percautions in any major US city. 27 days and counting down!!

---

We were walking along the main drag and there were some locals following us. I could see up ahead and there were some street lights out. It looked like to me a dicey situation so I suggested to my husband that we turn around and go back to the ship. We did and nothing happened. I cant say that anything would have happened but I will give the advice to be careful, and be aware, dont be an easy target. I would take the same percautions in any major US city. 27 days and counting down!!

Sounds like great situational awareness to me. Who knows what, if anything would've happened, but you were aware and got yourself out of a potential danger.

Archived