Alaska 2013 - Several questions re: booking the week of March 12

masonpips

We've never waited for an actual opening to book so this is new to me. I have a couple of questions. Thanks in advance for any help!

1) Bookings are set to open the week of March 12. Does this mean I can't see what the weeks/schedule/ships are until then? So, in essence, I need to log on, do a quick scan/review and call/book ASAP to get the rooms we want?

1a) if the answer to the above is "yes" will a TA have the schedules already and it might make sense to contact them now to see the weeks/schedule? We are interested in 1 of 3 weeks so seeing in advance might help us decide (plus pricing)

2) I'm Diamond, is there any "early" booking window for the various C&A levels?

3) I have 2 Next Cruise Certificates - I just call and use those to hold our rooms right? Haven't used one before.

4) Any other tips/tricks to know beforehand? We have 2 families probably booking rooms near each other and I will be calling for both.

Again, thanks for any tips/help

We've never waited for an actual opening to book so this is new to me. I have a couple of questions. Thanks in advance for any help!

1) Bookings are set to open the week of March 12. Does this mean I can't see what the weeks/schedule/ships are until then? So, in essence, I need to log on, do a quick scan/review and call/book ASAP to get the rooms we want? No, not available until that week. Call ASAP to book on the 12th as I understand it. Where is Patti?

1a) if the answer to the above is "yes" will a TA have the schedules already and it might make sense to contact them now to see the weeks/schedule? We are interested in 1 of 3 weeks so seeing in advance might help us decide (plus pricing)
No, TA will not have it in advance.

2) I'm Diamond, is there any "early" booking window for the various C&A levels?No

3) I have 2 Next Cruise Certificates - I just call and use those to hold our rooms right? Haven't used one before. Yes, just give them the cert. # and book the stateroom

4) Any other tips/tricks to know beforehand? We have 2 families probably booking rooms near each other and I will be calling for both.

Again, thanks for any tips/help

I will be in the same mode as you are. Probably not the same itin though. We are hoping for the aft or the hump. Will be calling the second I see the schedule appear, probably right after Midnight on the 12th as I understand it. First Alaska for us as well and with a Next Cruise also. Woohoo, can't wait, excitement is building here;)

I booked Alaska 2010 in March 2009. This was at a Cruise show and the day after the itineraries were released. If they are not released until the 12th it is highly unlikely that you or anyone else will get sight of them beforehand. Can't help you with the other questions but am happy to answer queries regarding the land / cruise tour.... you will have a blast!

Can't help you with the other questions but am happy to answer queries regarding the land / cruise tour.... you will have a blast!

We are planning a land portion of our trip as well. I had not really consider the Cruise/Land via RCCL, but I'm guessing you would recommend? Can I add the land after the fact once I get the cruise booked (and look at our timetable/options?).

Thank you!

Archived