Flat irons & curling irons

tasha4860

Just off the Victory!

The blow dryer in our room looked like something from a bad sci-fi movie...lol...it did the job though

I also brought my flat iron...and i was worried about the voltage because it didnt match....but i had no issues

I keep seeing contradictory info - CAN we bring these on board? I know the cabins have hair dryers but...

Took mine on both of my cruises. 1 with carnival and 1 with princess. Never had a problem.

There shouldn't be too much conflicting info, as they are not prohibited items according to Carnival's website:

"• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark."

The only problem would be if they appear to pose a safety hazard such as frayed cords. I've always brought mine, no problem.

My wife would add that if you NEED a hairdryer you may want to also bring that, it took it about an hour to blow dry her hair with theirs, something about not hot enough, not powerful enough and no tips? I have no idea what tips are on a hair dryer but she brings her hair dryer, flat iron and her instyler thing and 2 different curling irons. We have always gotten them on the ship with no problem.

i always bring them with me but on my carryon bag, because one year my mom's flat iron got stolen /taken out of her suitcase and was never found. we complained to carnival and they said there was nothing they could do about the lost item.

I can't remember if it was on Carnival or Costa, but I left my flat iron on the desk after I used it, to cool (unplugged), and the room steward told me that it wasn't allowed on the ship..... I will be bringing it again in April.;)

If you MUST use one, please make sure it has an auto shut off if not using it. Fires can and do happen with these devices. Be considerate....and CAREFUL. A fire at sea is always the worst scenario on a ship.

Archived