Box fan

evanandsamuel'smom

We also have to use a fan to sleep. There's nothing like the "white noise", on a a slowly rocking ship, for the best night's sleep ever! I believe CCL's concern is electrical. Therefore, we always buy our box fans brand new (under $20), leave them in the original packaging, unopened, and put a luggage tag on them. They are always delivered to our rooms, undamaged, and unopened. I have cruised numerous times, and have never had our fan taken from us, although have heard that others have, because of faulty wiring, or it just looks too old/bad.

We also use a Sound Spa for white noise to fall asleep. Have forgotten to bring it along and was able to borrow a large box fan from the Purser's desk for the duration of the trip. We had cabin neighbors whose TV we could hear clearly through the wall at all times of the night.

Today I found 9 minutes of white noise on Youtube and converted it to an MP3 and put it on my phone. I'll just listen to that on repeat all night and it'll save space as I won't need to bring the Sound Spa.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

I would not bet the box fan would make it on...but a smaller version should. I have taken the 10" 02 Cool on 3 cruises and then a actual 12" electric fan on the last cruise. The only problem I had was the cabin steward would constantly unplug the fan even when it was off. He would also unplug my camera charger which irrated the crap out of me. There was a huge debate last year about this very topic which caused Carnival to add the cravet about fans. If you need the fan then check WalMart or Target/Walgreens/CVS for it. It costs right around $20 or so.

NO!!!! Cruise out of New Orleans with a small clip on fan and they took it. Was told could not bring it on board.

Mimi

I think it depends on the port and who is doing the "checks". I was pulled aside because I had an exacto knife in my suitecase. I was told I needed to take the blades out. They were far less then 4 inches (maybe an inch). No arguement I tossed them out.

Archived