Box fan

evanandsamuel'smom

If you look at other posts on fans, you'll see smaller portables are allowed . But big box fans would proably not be. For the most part, there'll be plenty of air circulating. If you're in a balcony cabin, just open both the hall door and th ebalcony door ahd you'll "clear the air" in no time. Does shut off the a/c though so don't leave the balcny door open too long.

I would bet no. I believe it would fall under the 'household goods' prohibtion...

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Large coolers

• Alcohol in unsealed containers

• Firearms (Including, non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

• Ammunition (i.e., bullets, shot or missile that can be fired using a propellant)

• Imitation or replica weapons (Including., de-commissioned weapons or those not capable of being fired, toy weapons, or any other item made, intended or adapted to be used as a weapon)

• Explosives or explosive component parts, (Including, detonators)

• Fireworks or pyrotechnics (except those previously approved in connection with a company stage production which have been properly manifested)

• Taser or electronic stun guns

• Pepper or mace sprays

• Telescopic or regular batons

• Martial arts equipment (Including., flails, throwing stars, belt buckle knives, etc.)

• Handcuffs, brass knuckles

• Compressed gas bottles/cylinders

• Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches ( Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

• Dive tanks (empty or full), diver spears/slings

Household goods or tools of trade

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466

:)

I would bet no. I believe it would fall under the 'household goods' prohibtion...

Later down the page it mentions fans specifically as being ok unless they seem it a hazard.

" Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark. ".

I brought on onboard as I have tinnitus and NEED it. I brought it carry on and they were cool with it.

I have a small "noise machine" for the white noise I must have when sleeping. I alternate between wind, rain, ocean...etc. I always bring mine whenever I travel. Never have any trouble with the cruise line. My son in law tried bringing a small fan a couple times on cruises...and it was confiscated each time and returned at the end of the cruise.

we bought a couple of the portable battery operated fans from Walmart that people use for camping ( called: O2 COOL )and works just great. More like a personal fan- but noise wise- it worked like a charm for our family( and very handy when those pesky hurricanes come thru Texas and knock out the power;)) It also comes with an adapter-but we could fit 4 of them still in their boxes and all the batteries in one of those rolling suitcases. hth.

Later down the page it mentions fans specifically as being ok unless they seem it a hazard.

" Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark. ".

I brought on onboard as I have tinnitus and NEED it. I brought it carry on and they were cool with it.

I was addressing the OP's question about a 'box fan.' Small fans are fine if they're in good condition and don't present a fire hazard...

I have brought a small box fan on Princess before I am estimating 18 inches. It was small enough to fit in a suitcase and plenty of room for clothes. I used it for noise, not for air. I would love to find an alternative to a fan, I have listened to some of the white noise machines and none have done the trick for me. I am a really bad sleeper. I am going to check out apps, I would love to find a fan app!!!!:D

Aw no hand cuffs allowed darnit!! ;)

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Large coolers

• Alcohol in unsealed containers

• Firearms (Including, non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

• Ammunition (i.e., bullets, shot or missile that can be fired using a propellant)

• Imitation or replica weapons (Including., de-commissioned weapons or those not capable of being fired, toy weapons, or any other item made, intended or adapted to be used as a weapon)

• Explosives or explosive component parts, (Including, detonators)

• Fireworks or pyrotechnics (except those previously approved in connection with a company stage production which have been properly manifested)

• Taser or electronic stun guns

• Pepper or mace sprays

• Telescopic or regular batons

• Martial arts equipment (Including., flails, throwing stars, belt buckle knives, etc.)

• Handcuffs, brass knuckles

• Compressed gas bottles/cylinders

• Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches ( Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

• Dive tanks (empty or full), diver spears/slings

Household goods or tools of trade

I have brought a small box fan on Princess before I am estimating 18 inches. It was small enough to fit in a suitcase and plenty of room for clothes. I used it for noise, not for air. I would love to find an alternative to a fan, I have listened to some of the white noise machines and none have done the trick for me. I am a really bad sleeper. I am going to check out apps, I would love to find a fan app!!!!:D

White Noise HD - its free! :cool:

I have always had to have a fan to sleep. I tag a box fan with my luggage and a small elect. fan in my suitcase just in case they keep the box fan. The box fan made it 4 out of 5 times, small elect, made it 5 out of 5. Good Luck!!

please be careful with fans. When my Dad was a kid, his brother was sleeping with a fan on and kicked the sheet into the fan. It caught on fire and burnt the house down. So, keep the fan FAR away from anything that could get caught in it, which might be easier said than done in a tight cruise cabin.

Hmm. Surprising this isn't one of the things they try to upsell you on when you're on the ship, fan rentals. Or better yet, "premium air conditioning" where you can set it yourself and it actually responds to your settings.

I was addressing the OP's question about a 'box fan.' Small fans are fine if they're in good condition and don't present a fire hazard...

Its cool I though they were the same. Sorry mate.

I guess they were talking about those big 24x24 sized ones maybe. Mine was 12x12 at the most.

• 1 month later...
we bought a couple of the portable battery operated fans from Walmart that people use for camping ( called: O2 COOL )and works just great. More like a personal fan- but noise wise- it worked like a charm for our family( and very handy when those pesky hurricanes come thru Texas and knock out the power;)) It also comes with an adapter-but we could fit 4 of them still in their boxes and all the batteries in one of those rolling suitcases. hth.

I bought the same fan to bring on upcoming cruise. Did you use batteries on cruise or plug in? Can you tell me approx how many hours the batteries tend to last (trying to see how many I need to bring)?

I bought the same fan to bring on upcoming cruise. Did you use batteries on cruise or plug in? Can you tell me approx how many hours the batteries tend to last (trying to see how many I need to bring)?

I am not the one you asked of course but they last 3 days tops with batteries. Getting slower and slower till its useless.

I brought mine loaded with batteries so they wouldn't give me crap, then brought along two ac adapters.

Archived