re; Irish Wedding Party on Summit 04/01/05

macmax

There was a large group (65?) of Irish on board the Summit's April 01 cruise for a wedding held on St. Lucia on April 05. They were shuttling guests by helicopter(s) from the nearby airport to a resort for the wedding.

Does anyone know the names of the bride & groom and where in Ireland they were from? Any pictures?

My Irish friends here in the Toronto area are very curious as it sounds like a very expensive wedding.....society or show biz maybe?

We heard all about this wedding from the staff in the Normandie when we were on the cruise before that one. They had their reception in the Normandie and requested the all inclusive menu that included the wine with the courses. They were expecting 76 for the reception and had to make some changes to the menu for the wedding party. I asked if they were anyone famous, and the Maitre'd said they weren't famous or celebrities, just a family of means from Dublin.

We heard all about this wedding from the staff in the Normandie when we were on the cruise before that one. They had their reception in the Normandie and requested the all inclusive menu that included the wine with the courses. They were expecting 76 for the reception and had to make some changes to the menu for the wedding party. I asked if they were anyone famous, and the Maitre'd said they weren't famous or celebrities, just a family of means from Dublin.

Hi Kitty9:

That's interesting. I spoke briefly with a member of the group one night and she mentioned that they had a private lunch in the Normandie as well as a private concert in Michaels Club with a singer that they had brought with them. What's even more interesting is that I was told that the bride & groom paid for the entire cruise for their guests.:eek: Obviously people of substance.

I thought I heard that they were from County Cork but I'm really not sure.

Anyone else know who they were? My Irish friends here would like the info for their newsletter.

Thanks,

Al

Strange coincidence. We were on the March 21st sailing of the Summit and a gentleman who sat at the Captain's table with us, from the south of Ireland, had hosted his daughter's wedding for 50 guests the cruise BEFORE and he and his wife stayed on to relax for our cruise. Must be lots of money in Ireland!

Strange coincidence. We were on the March 21st sailing of the Summit and a gentleman who sat at the Captain's table with us, from the south of Ireland, had hosted his daughter's wedding for 50 guests the cruise BEFORE and he and his wife stayed on to relax for our cruise. Must be lots of money in Ireland!

Now this is getting weird!

Archived