Great claim response

bilmo

We had a two week Caribbean cruise booked and DW had to have a triple bypass in Jan. We were covered by Travel Insured International. Submitted all the paperwork and documentation (there was a good amount of it, but they need to know) and it arrived at their office on Feb 16th. On Feb 23 they sent us a check for the full claim amount including cancellation fees and unused, non-refundable airline tickets and upgrades. Not bad considering there was a three day weekend inbetween those dates:)

Exactly two years prior I had the same procedure and we had to cancel a 10 day Caribbean cruise (don't think we are supposed to cruise the Caribbean). Had insurance through SkyAuction and they would not reimburse us for $250 for cruise credit we had previously purchased on another NCL cruise. Have not purchase another cruise through SKYAuction and doubt if we ever do.

I read alot as to where to look and all but even then, you don't read much about actual results in the event a claim is filed. Glad to hear you got what you paid for. In fact, I just purchased a basic plan for added assurance with TII for an upcoming trip. Just lowered the actual trip cost to save a few dollars vs going with a medevac only plan.

Hopefully, I won't need to use it! :D

Archived