A quick question about taxi rates...

n2qmt

Hello!

I'd like to find out about the taxi rates both in St. Thomas and St. John regarding children under 12. I know the rate from the port to Red Hook is about $10 pp but does that go for kids too? Also, in St. John, the cost to Trunk Bay is $6 pp. any help for planning the costs would be most appreciated. We are 2 adults and 2 children (11 and 9) Cheers!

John

I couldnt find any information on ages for the taxi's, just the $$ per passenger. Our kids are 10 and 13 and we expect to pay one of the per person fares for each, if its anything like Cozumel, you'll have to pay.

Google St Thomas Taxi. VI has info about the taxi service and rates.

Info like this: Licensed taxi vehicles are labeled with: a taxi placard or dome light on the roof, license plates that indicate Taxi status, On Duty/Off Duty sign in the window of the vehicle and a sign, usually on the fender, indicating passenger capacity. The drivers personal identification/taxi license should be on the vehicles dash board.

Lots of info on Taxi service in the Virgin Islands.

Google St Thomas Taxi. VI has info about the taxi service and rates.

Info like this: Licensed taxi vehicles are labeled with: a taxi placard or dome light on the roof, license plates that indicate Taxi status, On Duty/Off Duty sign in the window of the vehicle and a sign, usually on the fender, indicating passenger capacity. The drivers personal identification/taxi license should be on the vehicles dash board.

Lots of info on Taxi service in the Virgin Islands.

Except what the OP asked for...

Not being critical, just sayin'...

I would have posted the site earlier if it had helped. I have never seen this info anywhere for STT and since we rent when staying there and have no kids I would have no clue. Funny it is easily found for Tortola.

Archived