Aft Cabins on Sun Princess

Has anyone (apart from the recent negative reviewer - Lutz) had any experience with these cabins - either full or mini suites? They are prized on some ships - what about Sun Princess? Noisy - not worth it?

Thanks

Colleen

Hi Colleen,we had an upgrade to a aft mini D751 for our Asia cruise 2010 on the Sun Princess.The only noise we had was the crew at 5.00am in the morning sweeping and cleaning the deck below us which lasted 45mins every morning,apart from that the only other noise is the constant wash from the screws. ( quite calming )

Would we take a stateroom aft again . YOU BET !.

Any other questions ask away.

Cheers

Johhno

Have not cruised in either a suite or mini suite on Sun Princess but spent 3 fantastic weeks in balcony cabin B740 which as can be seen by the deck plans is last but 1 balcony cabin aft. Had no vibration or noise even in very lumpy seas. Would definately book this location again.

• 2 months later...

Hi Jann and John,

Can you please tell me what cabin number your Aft photos on the Sun Princess relate to. Looking at possibly booking on the Sun Princess and I'm looking at all the options, but DH and I both adore the aft cabins.

Thanks for your help.

Vicki.

Hi Jann and John,

Can you please tell me what cabin number your Aft photos on the Sun Princess relate to. Looking at possibly booking on the Sun Princess and I'm looking at all the options, but DH and I both adore the aft cabins.

Thanks for your help.

Vicki.

B750...Was $9,500 for two..

Pure luck I even saw this, as I unsubscribed about 8 weeks ago..

Great cabin, but crappy ship ( in my opinion.)

We missed most ports due to weather, so good luck.

Thanks JannandJohn for the cabin number - it certainly does look wonderful and the balcony looks awesome also.

Have been on the Sun Princess and thoroughly enjoyed it - you cant do much about the weather, unfortunately. We had 2 weeks on the Diamond Princess over New Years, the weather was wet and cool but a fantastic cruise and our balcony certain helped also.

Thanks again.

p.s. If anyone else has any thoughts or suggestions on the best Aft cabin on the Sun, or even her sisters the Dawn and Sea, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks JannandJohn for the cabin number - it certainly does look wonderful and the balcony looks awesome also.

p.s. If anyone else has any thoughts or suggestions on the best Aft cabin on the Sun, or even her sisters the Dawn and Sea, it would be really appreciated.

Hi Busy Mum,

DH and I had the pleasure of doing the Cherry Blossom in March 2012, in a suite, on Sea Princess. DH was celebrating a big birthday (65 years young) so we decided to splurge. It was worth every cent, but not something we could afford to do again!

We were in C749, and the suite was lovely, and the balcony was even larger.

We loved being aft, and DH, loves to feel movement. There was a lot of vibration, particularly when arriving in a new port. This didn't in any way affect, or ruin our cruise. In fact, it was nice to be woken early!

There was no hint of soot at all, and we had no problem relaxing on our balcony.

We are lucky enough to be cruising on Sun Princess next week when we depart for the World Cruise. This time we will be midship, in a "broom closet", so that will be a different experience. We are not complaining because cruising is about the people you meet, the places you visit and enjoying life! As long as we have somewhere to sleep and shower, we are happy.

Hope the weather in Canberra is not too cold! We spent many years living there and as we are both keen exercisers, we miss the place, especially running around the lake!! We don't miss the cold winters - we don't "do" the cold well. We even suffer in winter here in Queensland, hence the excuse to escape "our cold".

Best wishes

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

Thank you for your comments on the Suite you had on your cruise. It does sound like you and your DH had a wonderful cruise with a wonderful suite. I will continue to "research" our options and thanks again for your thoughts.

Yes it is certainly starting to get cold here in Canberra, unfortunately it's only going to get worse. DH and I are certainly not managing the cold very well ourselves these days - we are over it. We have a little while until we can retire though. We do holiday in your amazing state twice a year - a week on Main Beach, Gold Coast and then another week at Port Douglas. We enjoy both destinations very much and it keeps us sane to get us through the horrible winter.

You are certainly going on a wonderful cruise next week, I'm very envious. I'm sure you will have the time of your life, meet lots of wonderful people and visit some amazing places and I hope your "broom closet" is not too much of shock :-) I will be following your cruise through several blogs.

Take care and thanks again.

Vicki.

• 3 months later...
B750...Was $9,500 for two..

Pure luck I even saw this, as I unsubscribed about 8 weeks ago..

Great cabin, but crappy ship ( in my opinion.)

We missed most ports due to weather, so good luck.

I'm traveling on the Dawn Princess in a few months. Can you tell me how private you felt your balcony was. I am interested to know about how much can people on the aft deck on Aloha can see onto the balcony?

Any advice would be great.

Deck 11 aft inside...the noisiest cabin ever. It would shudder & vibrate on moving off and was noisey with people coming and going through the back door onto the back balcony.

We heading up front again!

B&B

A few years back, friends and I were all booked on the SP and we all had upgrades. Two of them got inside cabins next to each other up on Deck 10, very aft.

We were given a cabin on deck 9, slightly aft but closer to the middle.

Now on all the lists of prices, their position was rated as slightly higher priced, but in reality we all found it was a long walk from the stairs to get to their cabin and they definitely had a lot more movement there. Fortunately I don't think they had a problem with noise though.

If anyone else has any thoughts or suggestions on the best Aft cabin on the Sun, or even her sisters the Dawn and Sea, it would be really appreciated.

Hi,

We were on Sun Princess a couple of years ago for our Northern Explorer cruise. I "pushed the boat out" and invested in B755, the aft mini suite on Baja deck.

This cabin (together with B750) is one of the Sun Princess "secrets". It was originally designed and built as a full suite - same as those on Caribe and Dolphin decks. However before she was commissioned there was concern regarding the two exhaust oulets they are placed between 750 and 755 on Baja, and how they would impact upon the full suite clients. The decison was made to convert these two into mini suites and the cabins on the corner were made into the full suites. Have a look at the Sun Princess deck outline and you will see what I mean, and if you look closely at a rear end pic of Sun Princess you will see that there is a dividing section in each of B750/755 where they did this conversion.

It turns out that the exhausts had no impact on the 750/755 cabins but they remain as mini suites with some added features of a full suite. They are sensational...huge balconies, very private, full wet bar and very much worth the extra $$$s :D

BTW...This only applies to the Sun Princess. Subsequent builds (Dawn and Sea) have all full suites in the middle and aft minis are on the corners.

cheers

Archived