Booked early Saver and want to change cabins

You should be able to change cabins as long as you are not downgrading. You would not have to pay the $50 penalty. If the price of the cabin for the same category has gone up you will have to pay the difference.

My last cruise I switched the cabin 4 times. Once was in same category Just call Carnival and they will be able to help you out (unless you booked with a TA then you will need to call your TA).

I once had to pay the $50 fee. We were booked on a cruise with SIL and her DH and DD. One of our kids (we have 3) was booked in SIL's cabin...for 2 cabins of 4 (OV cabins). I booked the 2 cabins on our credit card and did ES. Then, SIL backed out. CCL told us we had to move DH or I over with our DD and because they'd be 2 guests in a cabin that could hold 4, they'd have to move to a 2 person cabin...cost $100 to move DH and DD and it was w/in the same cat. Was told if we upgraded cats, we wouldn't have to pay the $50 fee.

I once had to pay the $50 fee. We were booked on a cruise with SIL and her DH and DD. One of our kids (we have 3) was booked in SIL's cabin...for 2 cabins of 4 (OV cabins). I booked the 2 cabins on our credit card and did ES. Then, SIL backed out. CCL told us we had to move DH or I over with our DD and because they'd be 2 guests in a cabin that could hold 4, they'd have to move to a 2 person cabin...cost $100 to move DH and DD and it was w/in the same cat. Was told if we upgraded cats, we wouldn't have to pay the $50 fee.

That is a different scenario. Someone cancelled and you were having to move people around. This person only wants to switch rooms to same category which I have done more than once and never been charged.

if available they'll also offer you upgrades at a discounted price. I simply call the 800 number and they are as helpful as can be. this cruise decided against the cabin directly beneath the Lido deck I'd originally chosen and was able to upgrade to an aft balcony for just a little more. If I had decided to stay in the same category there would have been no charge.

You should be able to change cabins as long as you are not downgrading. You would not have to pay the $50 penalty. If the price of the cabin for the same category has gone up you will have to pay the difference.

My last cruise I switched the cabin 4 times. Once was in same category Just call Carnival and they will be able to help you out (unless you booked with a TA then you will need to call your TA).

No penalty for this .. you can always change cabins within the same category with no penalty.

I did this just last night. I moved 2 cabins, and added a person to one of them. There weren't any penalties, just the added cost of the 3rd person. And the prices for both cabins have gone up quite a bit since I booked. I did only move about 4 rooms down from where I was.

Archived