Bath Robes in the cabins

aberthelot

This may sound ridiculous to some, but around 1030 pm every night, my husband and I wear ours over our swimsuit to the hot tubs in the back of the ship. Stay in there until they close it down...about 1130, then have some fries and a hotdog at the patio area next to the pool before retiring to our cabin. It seems more concealing wearing those than wrapping our beach towel around us. And I save my swimsuit cover-ups for port days and daytime pool visits on the ship. LOL I am on vacation right?

This may sound ridiculous to some, but around 1030 pm every night, my husband and I wear ours over our swimsuit to the hot tubs in the back of the ship. Stay in there until they close it down...about 1130, then have some fries and a hotdog at the patio area next to the pool before retiring to our cabin. It seems more concealing wearing those than wrapping our beach towel around us. And I save my swimsuit cover-ups for port days and daytime pool visits on the ship. LOL I am on vacation right?

This is a brilliant idea, think we'll try it.

New idea: how about wearing the bathrobe for a meet n greet for your roll call- would be very easy to pic out roll call members. I think I'll suggest it. What do ya'll think?

I am really cold natured (hot flashes and all) so when we were on a December cruise during a very cold spell, we found that our A/C unit would not shut off and would not blow warm air. So while we were waiting for a repair we even had to sleep in ours. We had carried santa hats for some Christmas pics for our Christmas cards and even slept in those.

Please post pics, sounds like a hoot. Hope you have a normal temp cruise next time.

This is a brilliant idea, think we'll try it.

New idea: how about wearing the bathrobe for a meet n greet for your roll call- would be very easy to pic out roll call members. I think I'll suggest it. What do ya'll think?

Everyone we run into always tells us...."What a good idea, why didn't we think of that?" Haha It's late in the evening when nobody cares what you look like anyways. Most people are heading to bed or at the shows.

This may sound ridiculous to some, but around 1030 pm every night, my husband and I wear ours over our swimsuit to the hot tubs in the back of the ship. Stay in there until they close it down...about 1130, then have some fries and a hotdog at the patio area next to the pool before retiring to our cabin.

Doesn't sound ridiculous at all. Sounds AWESOME!

If you like them a lot you can buy new (wrapped in packaging) ones. Just let your steward know -- I think they are about $40.

We bought two and use them going to our backyard hot tub in the winter.

Are there kids sized bathrobes available? Does anybody know? My daughter loves to copy what I do, and if I wear my robe to breakfast, she'll want to do the same, but I can't imagine her trying to wear an adult sized one. She's 9 BTW.

I have never seen a child sized robe. But I am 4'11". The robe comes almost to my ankles. If she is tall for her 9 yrs, she'd be ok. I would just let her wear the adult robe over some pjs to breakfast. It would be a fun mommy/daughter moment. Something you can tell your grandkids. You might ask the room steward about child sized robes or inquire in camp carnival. Just in case- maybe pack her own robe from home. It would still be fun for her.

I have never seen a child sized robe. But I am 4'11". The robe comes almost to my ankles. If she is tall for her 9 yrs, she'd be ok. I would just let her wear the adult robe over some pjs to breakfast. It would be a fun mommy/daughter moment. Something you can tell your grandkids. You might ask the room steward about child sized robes or inquire in camp carnival. Just in case- maybe pack her own robe from home. It would still be fun for her.

I bought a robe in the Formalities shop on Elation last year - price was $49. I believe they had a child-sized robe with a Funship Freddie logo available for about $29.

Thanks, she might be ok, she is small for her age, but we could make the adult size one work. i'm not going to buy one from the gift shop. Waste of money for me since she wouldn't wear it again. But I'm all for mommy/daughter momments, i'm looking forward to plenty of them on our cruise.

We do the exact same thing. As a matter of fact, on our last cruise (Dream) we put on our robes at midnight and went up to Serenity. Found a nice hammock overlooking the ocean and listened to the waves in the moonlight. Next thing I know, I wake up and it's 2:30 in the morning. Kind of freaked me out. Me and DH (crowding 50) and every other 20 something looking for a place to "hookup" - careful when you sit on those Serenity cushions. I'd lay a towel down first (yikes)

We do the exact same thing. As a matter of fact, on our last cruise (Dream) we put on our robes at midnight and went up to Serenity. Found a nice hammock overlooking the ocean and listened to the waves in the moonlight. Next thing I know, I wake up and it's 2:30 in the morning. Kind of freaked me out. Me and DH (crowding 50) and every other 20 something looking for a place to "hookup" - careful when you sit on those Serenity cushions. I'd lay a towel down first (yikes)

Ahhhhh! My proverbial eyes! :eek: thanks for the warning, LOL!

I have never pulled my robes out of the closet either on any of my cruises....

too damn hot to wear any robe. I guess if your cruising to alaska it would make sense. maybe its just my hot flashes :)

Hahhahaha

OMG-- gross, yep better use a towel. I usually only sit on a towel in cabin also. You never know what naked butt sat there before you.

OMG-- gross, yep better use a towel. I usually only sit on a towel in cabin also. You never know what naked butt sat there before you.

RIGHT there with you chica - I always lay a towel down on the duvet, vanity stool, sofa, etc. and always hope that the passenger before me did the same!

Another good reason to bring sanitizing wipes onboard!

Sanitizing wipes won't work for the vanity stool. But yep, I pack sanitizer & wipe the counters & sofa down-- use the towel as an extra precaution. I try not to think about what went on before I got there.:eek:

As for the robes tho, ours have always been clean & steward brings a new one mid cruise. If you throw it on floor, they will replace w/ clean 1.:) I am just a tad bit OCD.

Archived