Bath Robes in the cabins

aberthelot

i thought if you use them you bought them.

If you pack them in your suitcase and take them home with you, you bought them. If you use them in your cabin and then leave them there when you go home, you haven't.

I love wearing mine on the balcony in the morning watching us pull into port or while drinking my coffee. However, I do ask my steward to double check that they are in fact clean! I don't think my husband ever touched his, though!

They are clean! Now it is possible that the bathrobes may be far from new, but they are all freshly laundered.

Get another from the steward if you are not happy with the ones left for you.

Hope this doesn't start another "no hot food in MDR ?" nonsense.

We only wears ours in the cabin or on the balcony. However, on one cruise I was stepping into the shower one afternoon getting dressed for dinner and there was NO water. So I threw on the robe - nothing beneath - headed to the spa to take a shower - and there was NO water there either. As I thought about my predicament the only thing that came to mind was what a fix I would be in if there was an emergency on the ship and I had to go to the lifeboat like that. I have never worn a robe outside of my cabin since. :o

As for being clean I always assumed they were, till I saw several posts here describing in detail how some robes were put in the closets soiled, with the cleaing wrapper on them. I will check from now on.

We only wears ours in the cabin or on the balcony. However, on one cruise I was stepping into the shower one afternoon getting dressed for dinner and there was NO water. So I threw on the robe - nothing beneath - headed to the spa to take a shower - and there was NO water there either. As I thought about my predicament the only thing that came to mind was what a fix I would be in if there was an emergency on the ship and I had to go to the lifeboat like that. I have never worn a robe outside of my cabin since. :o

As for being clean I always assumed they were, till I saw several posts here describing in detail how some robes were put in the closets soiled, with the cleaing wrapper on them. I will check from now on.

Now that story is funny. Just imagine climbing in a lifeboat w/ just the bathrobe on. Very interesting. I am sure the other passengers would have loved it.

I have never pulled my robes out of the closet either on any of my cruises....

too damn hot to wear any robe. I guess if your cruising to alaska it would make sense. maybe its just my hot flashes :)

Guess it depends on when & where you cruise. We cruise late fall/early spring, so it does get cool on balcony in evenings. I could not imagine wearing the bathrobe over anything, that would be too hot. My hot flashes stay at home so far anyway.

Guess it depends on when & where you cruise. We cruise late fall/early spring, so it does get cool on balcony in evenings. I could not imagine wearing the bathrobe over anything, that would be too hot. My hot flashes stay at home so far anyway.

I am really cold natured (hot flashes and all) so when we were on a December cruise during a very cold spell, we found that our A/C unit would not shut off and would not blow warm air. So while we were waiting for a repair we even had to sleep in ours. We had carried santa hats for some Christmas pics for our Christmas cards and even slept in those.

On nearly every cruise I've been on, I see at least one person (or group) wear them to muster drill....a riot!

Oh, I'm sooooo doing this on the next one.

I believe someone on this board coined the phrase "tuxspeedo", for just such an emergency. :D

That's brilliant. :D

Archived