Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale?

rlkubi

This is actually the hotel I'm looking at now. It used to be Summerfield Suites. I like it because of the 2 bedroom suites. Anyone stayed there? Evidently it is right next to Hyatt Place.

We stayed in a two bedroom suite last year for three nights pre-cruise. Enjoyed it so much, we are staying there again in May pre- and post-cruise, this time in a one bedroom suite.

The room was very spacious and the kitchen had everything you could possibly need, including an ice maker in the fridge. The room was huge, clean and the bed was sooo comfortable. The bathroom was huge and the shower was nice, except the water pressure could have been better. Breakfast buffet was fine, and filled us up enough to get our day started. We even used the bbq in the pool area one evening to grill our own steaks.

I think the only negative (and really, it's not a big thing) was that on the morning of departure, it seemed like everyone was trying to get to the cruise port at the same time and the shuttles were not well organized. The hotel lobby was packed with people and no one really knew what was going on. I think our group sat in the shuttle for about 45 minutes while they were trying to get it sorted out. I've chartered a private shuttle for our large group this year in the hopes of avoiding the chaos. Hope this helps!:)

This is actually the hotel I'm looking at now. It used to be Summerfield Suites. I like it because of the 2 bedroom suites. Anyone stayed there? Evidently it is right next to Hyatt Place.

We stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites pre-cruise last April in a 2 bedroom suite loved it so much that we are staying there again pre-cruise in April this year in a trio suite

We had no problem getting a shuttle to the pier it was quick and easy that could be because of the time of year middle of April.

Happy Cruising

We are also staying at the Hyatt House in May and hate the morning chaos for those wanting a shuttle to the ships. Will probably call for a cab shortly before 10:00 am and get to the ship before 10:30 am. Did this last year and was so happy to avoid the crowds at the hotel and also at the pier.

Yin and Yang, there will be 12 of us. Who do you recommend for a private shuttle?

I booked with Quality Limo Service. The rate they quoted me was $135 for a 19 passenger mini bus for our group of 16. They were very quick to respond to my e-mail inquiries and many people here on CC have been happy with their services. I requested quotes from a number of limo/shuttle services and QLS was the most reasonably priced. IIRC, the shuttle you take through the hotel is about $8 per person so this is comparable and, it's your own shuttle. Make sure you mention in your e-mail that you are requesting a private shuttle.

Archived