Best Meal-Worst Meal

lizjoemom

"Breaded and deep fried hard boiled eggs", sounds like a poor attempt at "scotch eggs". They are boiled eggs, enclosed in sausage meat, then breaded and fried, or deep fried. If done right, they are wonderful, but sounds like they were masacred on your cruise.:D

I also love the pastrami on rye from the deli. so yes honorable mention from me too.:)

the scotch eggs would have been good I love sausage :)

It was my first ever cruise, and even back then in 1999, I was lurking on the cruise review websites, and saw lots of reviews that said she ( Norway ) was old and creaky, and rocky etc etc.....! I was not daunted and went with an open mind. I loved that ship! We ( three of us ) had an outside stateroom, forward, with port holes. The ship did rock slightly at night, but just slightly and it was a gentle rocking, and I slept like a baby!

Food was great, and it was before freestyle dining ( no problem with that ) but it was traditional early seating for us. I loved the International lounge in the evenings, for drinks, and live music ensemble and dancing! I was blown away!

When the ship had that horrible fire, with crew deaths, and the ultimate demise of the ship, it was really sad for me, but I look back to that cruise with fond memories, and will always remember the Norway as the ship/cruise that got me hooked on cruises.:)

My first ever cruise was on the Norway as well, except it wasnt the Norway, in 1967 it was the SS. France and I was 2 years old! Maybe thats why I loved the ship so much when I became an adult. We had an inside cabin that was impossible to find, everytime we headed back to our cabin we got lost in a labriynth of hallways and had to follow the signs! I actually love the rocking motion of the long draft transatlantic ship, put me to sleep, like a was a baby!:D

I've only ever been on Carnival, but I would have to say that the best meal would have been from one of the older menus: Escargots, Prime Rib and WCMC!

Actually, if I could just have the WCMC for the starter, main course and dessert, I could probably die happy. :p

The worst was at lunch - I had some sort of a soup (maybe pumpkin?) that even the waiters warned me was not so good, but I went and ordered it anyway.

And the moral of the story is: Always listen to your waiters! :D

I don't specifically remember our first cruise.

I kept a detailed journal of the Freedom though.

Best meal (well dish): Indian Vegetarian dinner. Though I did note that one of the things was really bitter though, but it was more than enough food.

Non-MDR: 1/2 of a BLT, 1/2 of a chicken fajita wrap. OMG so good.

Worst meal: The Mongolian Wok dish, I described it in my blog as "soupy and not much flavor". Totally not worth the wait. In the MDR, I think the Chateaubriand or the Polenta dish was my least favorite thing.

I do no like the cheesecake on CCL ships now I make a mean cheesecake and I have no idea what they put in theirs and it's not served cold and in fact it seemed warm, I think all their desserts look pretty but they don't taste that good I do like the wcmc with 2 ice creams, and I like getting the ice cream from those machines and put it in a glass where the ice tea glasses are then put pinapple or peaches in the cup, yummy I know they have cones and dishes I am not following the rules, also call me crazy I like the flat iron steak but I use heinze 57 on it I also love the fried shrimp, I think they present the plates very nice in the mdr, and I never went hungry, in fact sometimes I ate alittle too much:D

best meal was the country fried chicken on the magic in the mdr (YUM!) or the flat iron steak. worst meal was the prime rib on the freedom of the seas on RCL...terrible. it was hardly the size of a hamburger patty and it was cold. sent it back came back rare (i like medium well) sent it back, came back well done, i just gave up and ate it. it was tough.

Best - Windjammer's S/V Mandalay - in the San Blas Islands, August, 2007 - the Kuna indians would come out to the ship in their dugout canoes with fresh crab and lobster - you could buy a whole lobster for $5 and Boston, our chef on board, would cook it up for you -- we had a HEAPING plate of crab and lobster with champagne in the salon for dinner one night.

There will never be another meal like it - but, then again, you couldn't really call the Mandy a "cruise ship" in the sense of the word ;)

Worst meal? That's a tough one. I'd have to say prime rib on the Splendor - but only on the first sailing we went on in Nov. 2009 -- we ended up opting for the steak house THREE TIMES that trip -- which was yummy! We sailed her again in October of 2011 and the food was better in the dining room - still did the steak house twice :D

Best meal: Indian vegetarian on the Liberty, WCMC (any ship),

I love the Indian vegetarian and can't wait to order it on the Fascination in a week.

Worse meal....I am sure I have had some bad ones, but there are so many good ones, I don't remember them right now.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying out the food on other lines, but my #1 favorite Carnival meal is the BBQ ribs...actually, the BBQ BABYBACK ribs on the Carnival Glory some years ago. (They've since changed it to regular ribs and not babybacks, but they're still good. Just wish Carnival wouldn't put them on the formal night menu. :rolleyes:)

Worst meal was on the Fascination this last November. I ordered a turkey fettuccine alfredo dish that I normally enjoy immensely. However, the MDR service was so terrible that cruise, that my meal just sat around waiting to be served. So by the time I finally got it, it was stone cold, dry, and clumpy. Ick!

Best Food: short ribs confit, Chicken Tikki Masala (from the Tandori station on the dream) Pumpkin soup,Greek Salad, Bacon mac and cheese, Cheese burgers from the grill, Chicken Fajita (wraps from room service), Bitter and Blanc ( WAY better than the WCMC!)

Worst food: Pretty much anything from the buffet, Caesar Salad, rolls from the pasta bar,Cinnamon Pumpkin, Squash, Yam, and Cheddar Pot Pie

I pretty much liked everything in the MDR. When we did eat the buffet, it was because there wasnt ANYTHING we liked at the MDR that night. We ended eating maybe half of what we had. I think we will just order room service, this time. If there is nothing we want from either ;)

Best meal - probably the Crown Grill on the Crown Princess

Majority of my meals have been good-very good -

Worst meals - all lunches on RCI - actually was sick all afternoon after lunch one day (don't think it was food poisoning, just the food was so 'gross' to me that my stomach was turned)

Also Lobster Bisque - everytime I've ever had. I just have to stop ordering it and realise I don't like it.... I want to like it.... it just tastes nasty to me.

Worst:

Jerk pork loin on Fascination, April 2010...the flavour was great, but the loin was cooked ahead of time and set aside until service, resulting in a VERY dry serving of pork.

Best:

I've liked everything else I have eaten on board...can't pick just one.

LMAO!!! Breaded Deep fried hard boiled eggs!!!!???? You have got to be kidding! Sounds like someone was reaching!

At the risk of being ridiculed, they had these on the buffet on Dream this past year. I didn't think they were awesome, but not bad either. :(

I'm glad someone else thinks this. People rave about their Caesar Salads, but mine just tasted like a giant bowl of anchovies.

I've always liked their Caeser salads personally...

the worst one I've had ever (was on land) tasted like lettuce with nothing but Mayo on top....

The best food I had was on Carnival Magic. Everything was really good. Macaroni & Cheese was great. It was gluten free. I couldn't believe how good everything was. Cheesecake now is great. It has no crust. Gluten free. Cool very good. Creme Brulle on Magic was wonderful too. Filet Mignon in the Supper club was great too. Lobster tails were big. I am used to Maine. They were great. Italian Specialty on Magic had wonderful lasagna and different macaronis were good. Food on that ship is GREAT!

Worst food was on a Royal C ship about 8 years ago. Hated the food in the dining room. Everything tasted like nothing. No taste. Cold too.

Best: I am so hoping that the Dream will offer the chilled Avocado soup in 2 weeks! I have been craving it for 18 months.

Worst: Nothing stands out in my mind. Only been on 1 cruise though and didn't visit the buffet.

I still think about the espresso creme brulee on the Sapphire Princess last June. It was a dessert in their Italian specialty restaurant. I had two the night we were there and went back and requested just the dessert as a take out and got one. We also had a crusted sea bass in the same restaurant that was melt in my mouth yummy!

This past cruise on Carnival I got the chile rellenos and didn't care for them. And the pizza wasn't the greatest either. But really, when I have excellent food the rest of the time I don't fret over something that I don't care for. Can't say I'd try half the stuff anywhere else.

Oh, and I do love the sushi on Carnival. Really missed it when we were on Princess.

Best: Strawberry bisque, beef wellington (so sad it's off the menu), creme brule, BLT & chocolate cake from room service!!

Worst: Escargot (there was something hard in it and it broke my dad's front tooth in half), mango cream soup, fish & chips (I might just be picky about the f&c)

Not that it was really a bad meal, but on our first cruise on Mariner of the Seas out of Long Beach, they had biscuits and gravy for breakfast. We were all excited as that is a favorite for our family. The problem, the gravy was sweet. We definitely weren't expecting sweet and really didn't care for it. We are guessing it was a west coast thing?? But, everything else on all of our cruises have been great.

Yeah it was interesting ,we were at the breakfast buffet ,I didnt know what they were so I put one on my plate .When I cut it open we had such a great laugh

May have been a version of a scotch egg. Usually it is a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage then breaded and deep fried. Eaten option is hot or cold. I always wanted to try one since I will try anything once, and I like eggs, sausage, breaded and deep fried. I may or may not when I get a chance to order one.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1609951153059&id=d3bd282b1b318c6026376c475a685f32&url=http%3a%2f%2ffarm1.staticflickr.com%2f107%2f278217474_b81382f304_z.jpg%3fzz%3d1

May have been a version of a scotch egg. Usually it is a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage then breaded and deep fried. Eaten option is hot or cold. I always wanted to try one since I will try anything once, and I like eggs, sausage, breaded and deep fried. I may or may not when I get a chance to order one.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1609951153059&id=d3bd282b1b318c6026376c475a685f32&url=http%3a%2f%2ffarm1.staticflickr.com%2f107%2f278217474_b81382f304_z.jpg%3fzz%3d1

Yeah another poster told me this ,I love sausage I think it would have been good if It was cooked that way.Just a deep fried hard boiled egg is kinda odd

Archived