Best Meal-Worst Meal

lizjoemom

I was just thinking back on some of the good and the bad meals that I have had over the years on cruise ships and I was wondering:

What's the best meal you have ever had on a cruise ship?

Which Ship?

Worst Meal?

Which Ship?

:D:D

We had antipasto on the Imagination last year and it was HORRIBLE. In fairness, it was probably delicious for those who like smoked salmon, caviar stuffed olives, and who knows what else was on that plate, but I found it absolutely nauseating..

Best meal.. Can't really remember, the food was quite good.

Some of our best meals have been on X, and our recent meal at Nick and Nora's, Carnival Miracle, was right up there with the best. Worst meal and worst food in general was on our one and only Princess cruise, don't remember which ship it was. Grand Princess comes to mind, it was new and big, at the time.

Best meal hands down on either X or Carnival was the Chefs Table on the Miracle, it was awesome.

Worst meal has to be anything that is on the buffet, not meaning the specialty areas like the Mongolian grill or sandwich place, but just the stuff they put on the everyday buffet, but then to be fair, I'm not a fan of buffets at all!!!

Carole

We had great meals on our last Princess cruise--Crown Princess in December. The only meal I ever sent back was on the Star Princess--pheasant. I decided I don't like pheasant. Our most recent Celebrity cruise was disappointing in terms of food. It was a short cruise on the Century. Both our HAL cruises had great food.

Worst meal was EVERYTHING on Princess. Nothing tasted good. Not even ice cream and it's pretty hard to mess up ice cream for me.

Best meal was the vegetable enchiladas which I had on the Pride. Second best was the cheddar pumpkin bake, also from the Pride. Of course, all desserts on Carnival are the best in my dessert-loving opinion!

Worst meal;

fried oysters on the Liberty in 2009. I tried them both at fish and chip place and as an appetizer in the MDR. I like oysters a lot ( as long as they are cooked ), but these were both times, very oily tasting, and just not fresh in my opinion. Everything else I ate on that ship/cruise was excellent!

best meal;

just too many! I can only list my favorites. Indian Vegetarian dinner in the MDR. Also loved the sweet and sour shrimp. The grilled salmon, the mahi mahi, beef short ribs, Penne Mariscos....I could go on...so no real best, just so many that I long to have again! Also, I like very much the "chevre" pizza, and the caesar salad on Carnival!:)

Best- spaghetti carbonara, bacon mac n cheese & chicken tacos from the BBQ on the Lanai....all on the Dream.

Worst-eggplant parmesan (Valor), burrito bar (Dream) and some pear chocolate cake (Dream)

Hit & Miss- steamed veggies on the Dream. Sometimes they were cooked and sometimes they were rock hard. I had grilled chicken the first night and it was great. I had the grilled chicken again toward the end of the cruise and it was horrible. The pizza is also hit & miss. Sometimes it's decent and other times it's pretty bad.

Best (Most memorable) I didn't even eat! RCCL Nordic Empress First cruise. My wife had a filet that she still talks about! She actually cut it with her fork. That is after fending off the head waiter who came by to cut her steak for her. (That was at a time when you had a head waiter for 8-10 tables supervising the waiters and assistant waiters, a waiter with 4 tables taking orders and serving meals, and an assistant waiter with 4 tables Drinks, bread and carried trays, plus the matre'd for the restaurant, with two assistant matre'd's in training.)

Worst was actually a desert. It was a chocolate brownie, I know how could you screw that up, right? During the waiter parade I was playing with it because it was so dry. When the parade was over, I had a pile of dust where a brownie should have been. The matre'd walked by and said dry brownie? He had heard about them in early seating.

My thought was...Why didn't they just take them off the menu or have all of the waiters steer us away from ordering them. I would have at least gave my customers a warning and have them order their second chioce as backup.

Best meal on a cruise is the first night and worst is last night in the MDR

THe best meal was on the X Infinity in the specialty restaurant USS United States. One of my top 10 meals ever anywhere

The worst was the buffet on RCCl Radiance of the Seas. It was the last night before going in drydock. The best thing was the lettuce nothing else tasted good.

Best meal: Indian vegetarian on the Liberty, WCMC (any ship),

Worst meal: mushroom and polenta (Liberty), and the Prime Rib (Liberty - really fatty) (sp)!

Looking forward to trying all the new offering on the Liberty this Saturday!

Best - the Kobe Prime and Lobster on Crystal.

Worst - Flat, Ironed steak on the Dream.

Made me LOL! Does that mean they cooked it with an iron? I didn't think irons were permitted on cruise ships?

I posted earlier, but was thinking only of Carnival cruises, but I did forget ( it has been a long time since 1999 ), the one time I went to the MDR for lunch on the NCL Norway, I had the absolutely best ever curried vegetables over rice! I have tried to duplicate it ever since. Sometimes I get close and other times not.

It was brocolli, cauliflower, carrot, and green beans, red pepper, in a fairly mild curry sauce, served over basmati rice. Im pretty sure the sauce was made with coconut milk. It...that one time MDR lunch on the Norway was my all time best ever meal on a cruiseship.!

worst: pork chop on Liberty, I think it was shoe leather

best: some seafood dish in a bowl

Seafood dish in a bowl!!! How long ago was this?

I remember back in 2007 on the Valor, I had a seafood dish, served in a big bowl, and it was called Neptune Platter, or something like that. It was awesome! Only other one I can think of is Seafood Newburg, not bad but not as good as Neptune" platter, which sadly no longer is on the menu:(

I posted earlier, but was thinking only of Carnival cruises, but I did forget ( it has been a long time since 1999 ), the one time I went to the MDR for lunch on the NCL Norway, I had the absolutely best ever curried vegetables over rice! I have tried to duplicate it ever since. Sometimes I get close and other times not.

It was brocolli, cauliflower, carrot, and green beans, red pepper, in a fairly mild curry sauce, served over basmati rice. Im pretty sure the sauce was made with coconut milk. It...that one time MDR lunch on the Norway was my all time best ever meal on a cruiseship.!

Oh!!! The Norway was definitely the best meal I ever had on a cruise ship! The food was so awsome on that ship. We had tablemates who hated the ship because it was old, creaky, confusing and pretty rocky, but we loved it! Best dinner was Beef Wellington and best appetizer was steak tartare (can you tell I am a MEAT LOVER?) New cruise ships are fun and exciting but there was something about that old ocean liner that I just loved, when NCL was good!

The worst breaded deep fried hard boiled eggs(Didnt eat them just wanted to see what it was)

Best the chefs table (old menu)

honorable mention goes to the pastrami on rye from the deli

LMAO!!! Breaded Deep fried hard boiled eggs!!!!???? You have got to be kidding! Sounds like someone was reaching!

LMAO!!! Breaded Deep fried hard boiled eggs!!!!???? You have got to be kidding! Sounds like someone was reaching!

Yeah it was interesting ,we were at the breakfast buffet ,I didnt know what they were so I put one on my plate .When I cut it open we had such a great laugh

Oh!!! The Norway was definitely the best meal I ever had on a cruise ship! The food was so awsome on that ship. We had tablemates who hated the ship because it was old, creaky, confusing and pretty rocky, but we loved it! Best dinner was Beef Wellington and best appetizer was steak tartare (can you tell I am a MEAT LOVER?) New cruise ships are fun and exciting but there was something about that old ocean liner that I just loved, when NCL was good!

It was my first ever cruise, and even back then in 1999, I was lurking on the cruise review websites, and saw lots of reviews that said she ( Norway ) was old and creaky, and rocky etc etc.....! I was not daunted and went with an open mind. I loved that ship! We ( three of us ) had an outside stateroom, forward, with port holes. The ship did rock slightly at night, but just slightly and it was a gentle rocking, and I slept like a baby!

Food was great, and it was before freestyle dining ( no problem with that ) but it was traditional early seating for us. I loved the International lounge in the evenings, for drinks, and live music ensemble and dancing! I was blown away!

When the ship had that horrible fire, with crew deaths, and the ultimate demise of the ship, it was really sad for me, but I look back to that cruise with fond memories, and will always remember the Norway as the ship/cruise that got me hooked on cruises.:)

The worst breaded deep fried hard boiled eggs(Didnt eat them just wanted to see what it was)

Best the chefs table (old menu)

honorable mention goes to the pastrami on rye from the deli

"Breaded and deep fried hard boiled eggs", sounds like a poor attempt at "scotch eggs". They are boiled eggs, enclosed in sausage meat, then breaded and fried, or deep fried. If done right, they are wonderful, but sounds like they were masacred on your cruise.:D

I also love the pastrami on rye from the deli. so yes honorable mention from me too.:)

Archived