Advice needed

bdruzin

I am interested in a port intensive Australian cruise that will also visit New Zealand. I am interested in cruise that is approx 30 -35 days in length. What do you suggest. I am interested in seeing as much of Australia and new Zealand as possible.

We had exactly the same question and booked a b2b cruise on Celebrity Solstice next January through the first part of February. It hits New Zealand and then circumnavigates Australia. The only thing it doesn't hit is Ayers Rock which we are trying to figure out how to include that. There is a Cruisetour after the first segment which does hit Ayres Rock and the Great BArrier Reef. Look into Celebrity and you may find what you are looking for. We were having issues with the cruises just hitting New Zealand and Sydney but nothing else. These two cruises should get us to most of the places we want to see. I hope this helps. There is a huge roll call already for this cruise. Hope to see you onboard.

Pearl

I don't know how you define "Port Intensive", but I am not sure you will find one in Australia & NZ. We did the Circumnavigation on the Dawn Princess in September and there were about 12 port days out of 28. Going from Australia to NZ, there are two sea days on either end.

We had exactly the same question and booked a b2b cruise on Celebrity Solstice next January through the first part of February. It hits New Zealand and then circumnavigates Australia. The only thing it doesn't hit is Ayers Rock which we are trying to figure out how to include that. There is a Cruisetour after the first segment which does hit Ayres Rock and the Great BArrier Reef. Look into Celebrity and you may find what you are looking for. We were having issues with the cruises just hitting New Zealand and Sydney but nothing else. These two cruises should get us to most of the places we want to see. I hope this helps. There is a huge roll call already for this cruise. Hope to see you onboard.

Pearl

Ayers Rock (Ularu) is in the centre of the country! We have serious flooding at the moment but i don't think a cruise ship will be ab le get there just yet:p

bdruzin --

Most Australia Circumnavs are running around 28 days on their own. If you would like to Circumnav both countries, I would recommend 40-41 days, if that isn't too over the top. My wife and I did the Dawn Princess 28 day circumnav and stayed onboard for a 13 day NZ circumnav.

As other posters have said, Australia is a HUGE country and you will need sea days to cover all of the distance, though we did enjoy a number of ports -- Sydney, Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Port Douglas, Darwin, Fremantle (Perth), Albany, Bunbury, Adelaide, Melbourne, Burnie, and Hobart.

If you have any questions, let me know!

-- Darin

cruisechaos at gmail dot com

http:// www dot thenextjourney dot com

Archived