Early Saver cancellation policy question

blackjackz

Ok, so I have heard and read a few different things. If I booked a 5 day cruise via Early Saver, and the cruise is still more than 60 days out, what is the cancellation policy?

Thanks.

If you are further out than your Final Payment Deadline then you lose $50 of your deposit and the remainder is held for future cruise for 2 years. If you cancel and re-book at the same time, your current deposit balance can be applied to the future Cruise Deposit - if you re-book later you'll have to put down a deposit and the deposit balance is applied to the future cruisefare. You cannot cancel and rebook the same cruise.

If you cancel after your Final Payment deadline, the normal cancellation penalties stated in the Cruise Contract apply.

ken

Sorry, departure date was May 14. I cancelled over a week ago. Orignially my TA said the same thing in the email. $200 per person, but $150 per person could be used for a future cruise.

I received my refund via credit card minus the $200 per person. I was just wondering how I could confirm the future credit. I am about about to book the new cruise, but I am guessing I will have to call to book. There is nothing online about the credit.

Sorry, departure date was May 14. I cancelled over a week ago. Orignially my TA said the same thing in the email. $200 per person, but $150 per person could be used for a future cruise.

I received my refund via credit card minus the $200 per person. I was just wondering how I could confirm the future credit. I am about about to book the new cruise, but I am guessing I will have to call to book. There is nothing online about the credit.

The credit should be noted in your account, and yes you will have to call to book it~ good luck!

• 4 months later...

What if a deposit was paid and then some additional monies paid, but I have not reached my final payment date. Will the $50 pp be deducted, the remaining deposit kept for future cruise and then remaining (additional paid) balance refunded to my card?

What if a deposit was paid and then some additional monies paid, but I have not reached my final payment date. Will the $50 pp be deducted, the remaining deposit kept for future cruise and then remaining (additional paid) balance refunded to my card?

Yes, they will refund any additional monies paid to your card.

Yes, they will refund any additional monies paid to your card.

Thanks for the quick response.

One more thing. Can the deposit money be used to rebook under a past guest rate or will it have to be under another ES rate?

Thanks for the quick response.

One more thing. Can the deposit money be used to rebook under a past guest rate or will it have to be under another ES rate?

You can rebook using any rate code you qualify for, you arent tied to ES. If you book another cruise at the same time you cancel, they will let you use your credit toward the new deposit. If you wait and use the credit at a later date, you have to actually pay the deposit and the credit will go toward your final bill.

You can rebook using any rate code you qualify for, you arent tied to ES. If you book another cruise at the same time you cancel, they will let you use your credit toward the new deposit. If you wait and use the credit at a later date, you have to actually pay the deposit and the credit will go toward your final bill.

See I wasn't sure if I could book under another rate, because isn't it true that under the PG rate I can get a full refund if I cancel in the future? Would that defeat the purpose of them trying to hold on to my deposit?

See I wasn't sure if I could book under another rate, because isn't it true that under the PG rate I can get a full refund if I cancel in the future? Would that defeat the purpose of them trying to hold on to my deposit?

If you use your credit to book PG rate, and then cancel that cruise, they will still hold the credit for 2 more years.

Just purchased a Carnival cruise for the 1st time last week in years. RCCL is our favorite but thought we would give carnival another try. When I booked the trip I was going to book under past guest. Sure it was alittle higher but when I saw Early Saver non-refundable deposit I knew I didn't want that. But the charm of the lady on the phone and her saying that as long as I purchased the travel insurance that everything would be fine. If any of us had to cancel not to worry. No money lost and all to be returned to the credit card to which we made our deposit. Fine I said. As long as everything comes back. And you are sure the non-refundable deposit in bold print didn't apply, CORRECT. Well to my surprise with all that I am now learning about cancellations and Carnival we have possibility gotten screwed. Lovely. This is even making me even more uncomfortable with this whole decision to cruise with carnival.

Just purchased a Carnival cruise for the 1st time last week in years. RCCL is our favorite but thought we would give carnival another try. When I booked the trip I was going to book under past guest. Sure it was alittle higher but when I saw Early Saver non-refundable deposit I knew I didn't want that. But the charm of the lady on the phone and her saying that as long as I purchased the travel insurance that everything would be fine. If any of us had to cancel not to worry. No money lost and all to be returned to the credit card to which we made our deposit. Fine I said. As long as everything comes back. And you are sure the non-refundable deposit in bold print didn't apply, CORRECT. Well to my surprise with all that I am now learning about cancellations and Carnival we have possibility gotten screwed. Lovely. This is even making me even more uncomfortable with this whole decision to cruise with carnival.

You've only possibly gotten screwed if you have to cancel, right? Personally I don't take verbal assurances that are at odds with what is in writing.

I'm confused. So if I cancel an Early Saver rate before the deadline, I only lose $50, if I rebook another cruise? I thought the rate says the deposit was non-refundable and non-transferable?

I'm confused. So if I cancel an Early Saver rate before the deadline, I only lose $50, if I rebook another cruise? I thought the rate says the deposit was non-refundable and non-transferable?

Non-refundable, at least in this case, doesn't mean completely forfeited. You lose the $50pp and may use the rest as stated above.

I just had to do this. You automatically lose the $50 and the balance of your deposit is put into a credit to use for a future cruise (non refundable). By being non-transferable, means you can't give it to someone else. Its for your use only.

BUT in my case. I was the one who put the persons deposit on my credit card so since I "paid" the deposit, the credit is now in my name to use for a future cruise.

My PVP told me to keep the cancelled Booking #. That is where the credit is linked.

Archived