Princess Cays question

beachnut41955

This is my first cruise with Princess and will be on the Emerald for a 10 day mid April. I have a question about Princess Cays. I have skin that will not take sun full time so my friend and I reserved one of the beach clamshells for the day so that we could still enjoy the beach and have a retreat from the sun when we needed it. Somewhere I read that someone's clamshell was on a beach that was not a good swimming beach (rocky) and that the swimming beach was a walk away. We also reserved 2 of the aqua lounges for the water, but if we are going to have to haul them a good distance to use them at the swimming area, then I am questioning our choices. Are all clamshells set up at this rocky area? What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for your imput.

On my last trip to Princess Cays (last year), yes all the clam shells were setup on the rockier beach area. Wear water shoes if you want to make things a bit easier for yourself. The main beach area is a short walk away and is a lot less rocky.

IMHO, Princess Cays is for the most part a great beach day. Very relaxing and the water is great! Only downside I have found there is how they have the entire beach laid out and organized. Can be a bit daunting on your first time there, trying to figure out where everything is and you can't always get from one spot to another in a straight line. If you can get an early tender ticket and get to the beach early, you can often get a spot on the beach under the trees for shade and thus avoid having to get a clam shell and you also avoid the rockier beach area. Also if your traveling with several friends you can always split the cost of one of the bungalows and then you are sure to have shade and a cool place to retreat to when you need it.

We were @ Princess Cays in Nov. When you get off the tender you'll go to your right, walk over a little bridge, and the clam shells will be right there. Maybe 2 minutes to walk over.

There is a covered bar behind the clam shell beach and the buffet isn't too far from them. From what we noticed it was much less crowded where the clam shells are versus the swimming beach. Yes, the beach was rocky, but as long as you are just planning to get wet, float around, and relax it shouldn't be a problem :)

Archived