NEO Romantica

Blondie008

Neo Romantica is on her first cruise today. Looking absolutely spectacular! If this is what we can come to expect from the Costa of the future, wow, leaving others behind for sure! Absolutely beautiful!!

Well done Costa, looks spectacular! A class of her own!

Cannot wait to sail on her!!

Neo Romantica is on her first cruise today. Looking absolutely spectacular! If this is what we can come to expect from the Costa of the future, wow, leaving others behind for sure! Absolutely beautiful!!

Well done Costa, looks spectacular! A class of her own!

Cannot wait to sail on her!!

Unfortunately it's not what you can expect from Costa newbuilds. They will continue to be Carnival Cruise Line clones of the Destiny/Conquest/Dream Class and unfortunately designed by Joe Farcus also originally of Carnival. Vegas on the high seas.

NeoRomantica is definately a standout in the Costa fleet, the way Costa ships used to look before Carnival took over.

Ernie

Unfortunately it's not what you can expect from Costa newbuilds. They will continue to be Carnival Cruise Line clones of the Destiny/Conquest/Dream Class and unfortunately designed by Joe Farcus also originally of Carnival. Vegas on the high seas.

NeoRomantica is definately a standout in the Costa fleet, the way Costa ships used to look before Carnival took over.

Ernie

I don't know if Farcus had a hand in th redesign or not but having seen loads of photos of her on an Italian cruise forum, she looks beautiful and nothing like the horrendous garishness I saw on the Favolosa

Ernie

It's a shame Costa didn't get rid of Farcus now that Carnival have done so. His designs are horrendous. The new renderings for Carnival Breeze look beautiful, and that would be the only Carnival ship I would ever consider sailing on.

I don't know if Farcus had a hand in th redesign or not but having seen loads of photos of her on an Italian cruise forum, she looks beautiful and nothing like the horrendous garishness I saw on the Favolosa

Thankfully Farcus had nothing to do with the redesign of COSTA NeoROMANTICA. The job was awarded to Tillberg Design of Sweden, and from what I can see they did a superb job.

I actually see some design throwbacks to former Costa liners like EUGENIO C and FEDERICO C. Little things like the curtains in the suites and even the handles on the dressers.

The interior looks fantastic ... the exterior, well that is another story. The original lines of the ship have been ruined, but hopefully her life has been extended another 20 years.

Ernie

Thankfully Farcus had nothing to do with the redesign of COSTA NeoROMANTICA. The job was awarded to Tillberg Design of Sweden, and from what I can see they did a superb job.

I actually see some design throwbacks to former Costa liners like EUGENIO C and FEDERICO C. Little things like the curtains in the suites and even the handles on the dressers.

The interior looks fantastic ... the exterior, well that is another story. The original lines of the ship have been ruined, but hopefully her life has been extended another 20 years.

Ernie

Aaah that makes sense that it was a different company involved in the redesign. Like you, I wasn't impressed with iys exterior, but am delighted at how well the interior looks.

The work on the interiors of the ship was split between two companies:

http://www.snyder-travel.com/blog/view/totally-restyled-costa-neoromantica-departs-savona-on-first-cruise

Tilberg from Sweden (not the same as Tilberg in Miami - the two companies split some time back), did most of the public areas. Syntax from the UK did the cabins, suites, Samsara spa & Samsara restaurant.

Archived