Would one feel like the service is Stuffy on HAL

Perki

We have been on enought HAL cruises that we have seen some of the same bartenders and waiters on several cruises; it was so great to see them again. On the two long cruises over 30 days, we got to know many of the crew and looked forward to chatting with them, they were like family. When we went on the QM2 for a short cruise, my husband was disappointed in the staff and commented on his sheet that they needed to hire more friendly Filipinos and Indonesians like HAL; the friendliest crew member on that cruise was our Filipino cabin steward(ess). I can't remember which cruise I was on, maybe it was Veendam to Bermuda, that the cabin steward commented that he appreciated that I would talk with him and treated him much better than a lot of passengers who made him feel like they were so much better than he was. I live in a very diverse neighborhood, am one of the few white, born in America people, so I am used to interacting with different people. When we drove from MD to OR and back last summer, I found it a bit boring out there where almost everyone looked like me. So maybe my opinion is not normal.

We have been on enought HAL cruises that we have seen some of the same bartenders and waiters on several cruises; it was so great to see them again. On the two long cruises over 30 days, we got to know many of the crew and looked forward to chatting with them, they were like family. When we went on the QM2 for a short cruise, my husband was disappointed in the staff and commented on his sheet that they needed to hire more friendly Filipinos and Indonesians like HAL; the friendliest crew member on that cruise was our Filipino cabin steward(ess). I can't remember which cruise I was on, maybe it was Veendam to Bermuda, that the cabin steward commented that he appreciated that I would talk with him and treated him much better than a lot of passengers who made him feel like they were so much better than he was. I live in a very diverse neighborhood, am one of the few white, born in America people, so I am used to interacting with different people. When we drove from MD to OR and back last summer, I found it a bit boring out there where almost everyone looked like me. So maybe my opinion is not normal.

Our cabin steward on the Caribbean Princess told us the same thing.

We actually witnessed a very rude woman demand that he "bring more toiletries...do you know what toiletries are?" one morning while leaving our stateroom. I couldn't believe my ears. The poor man did nothing wrong, he said good morning to her and that was how she answered him.

I felt so sorry for him...I had never seen anybody speak to a crewmember in that way before. Later that day I told him I was sorry that she had spoken to him like that and he told me he was "used to it", and that he appreciated our cordial conversations and that we treated him "equally". Sad.

Some people think their you know what doesn't stink and she was one of them.

I have been on 3 HAL cruises and thought the service was wonderful. It was some of the best experiences with service throughout the cruises that really stuck in our minds. We thought we would never be happy on another line, but have found good service on others as well.. The difference is that HAL employees have a way of making people feel special..:)

Our cabin steward on the Caribbean Princess told us the same thing.

We actually witnessed a very rude woman demand that he "bring more toiletries...do you know what toiletries are?" one morning while leaving our stateroom. I couldn't believe my ears. The poor man did nothing wrong, he said good morning to her and that was how she answered him.

I felt so sorry for him...I had never seen anybody speak to a crewmember in that way before. Later that day I told him I was sorry that she had spoken to him like that and he told me he was "used to it", and that he appreciated our cordial conversations and that we treated him "equally". Sad.

Some people think their you know what doesn't stink and she was one of them.

Hmm Rud eis rude. Don't care much for it life is such a blessing even in "the trenches". Wish I was there would have bought he a small boquet resembling a tree and sked that it be delivered to her cabin and paced on top of the head.

Archived