Oasis concierge lounge - embarkation day

We plan on boarding Oasis OS about noon. Is the concierge lounge open at that time, and, if it is open, is lunch served (I've read that lunch is served on "normal" days). If it is open and serving, that would be a very attractive option to park ourselves and carry ons while we wait for our suite to be opened up at 1 PM. I've heard the Windjammer is a zoo on embarkation day.

Most ships do not have anything set up in the CL for embarkation day but the OASIS/ALLURE are definitely different in the CL area. You can almost always enter the room though if you want to sit and wait for your room just not sure there will be any food or drink available. I'm sure some smart former cruiser will advise us. We don't get to board til next Nov! Have never been able to use the CL on this class since last time we were diamonds in a D-3, this time Diamond Plus in a GS!! Really anxious to try!

They do not serve lunch in the CL on embarkation day on Oasis.....as for drinks...I have seen where they were serving champagne, beer, wine and soda on embarkation day in the CL and then I have seen where they weren't....like many other things...it just doesn't seem consistent. I have also walked on Allure and went up to the CL on embarkation day to see if they are serving drinks and looked at me like I had 3 heads.....then scratched their heads when I told them they do on Oasis.

Since we didn't have CL on Allure it is good to know. We have never had anything available in the CL when boarding on any other ship but the CL is so vastly different on these ships I wasn't sure what to expect. We usually don't even see the concierge until the first evening. Will enjoy no matter what! Deb

Archived