Irons in rooms?

tadbconn

thanks for the quick responses ... much appreciated.

You can find an iron here..

Riviera Deck 1: across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2: across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6: across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7: across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8: across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9: across from 9268 and 9270

I had a travel iron on my RCCL cruise, can't imagine not having one next month when I sail on Carnival!

Is there any way to "smuggle" one on? I know about the fire hazzard, but I am an extreme "saftey person" (okay, OCD!), and would never leave it plugged in or anything... mine is really small, would they check my luggage for it?

I laugh at the people trying to smuggle alcohol onboard, but here I am trying to smuggle an iron!!! LOL!!

thanks.

I had a travel iron on my RCCL cruise, can't imagine not having one next month when I sail on Carnival!

Is there any way to "smuggle" one on? I know about the fire hazzard, but I am an extreme "saftey person" (okay, OCD!), and would never leave it plugged in or anything... mine is really small, would they check my luggage for it?

I laugh at the people trying to smuggle alcohol onboard, but here I am trying to smuggle an iron!!! LOL!!

thanks.

Right, just hope it won't show up in the xray so that it is confiscated. I can't believe an iron is that big a deal for you, there are public ones on board that have a safety feature so that there is NO CHANCE of causing a fire. Please, leave the iron at home. Maybe packing more travel friendly clothing and steaming it in the bathroom with the shower running would be a better idea.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/cruisereviews/p/577281.aspx

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided. Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads....

and the list goes on

I know im bad but i have brought a travel iron on past cruises, sorry i hate wrinkly clothes they are really tiny and do the trick

Thanks for sharing that you are willing to risk my life, my families life and all the other passengers for the sake of a few wrinkles. Use you brain, keep the iron, home.

Archived