Oriana B deck cabin

Tangoqueen

With the talk of vibration problems with some aft cabins I wonder whether we are likely to find problems with B217. Don't really want to ask because there's nothing I can do about it anyway but curiosity has got the better of me :rolleyes: One very excited Oriana first-timer!

we are also very excited 1sttime Oriana cruisers, on the same cruise. Soz no idea about vibration but we contacted our agent with a view to upgrading our cabin & were told we couldn't as the ship was full!

Not long now

we are also very excited 1sttime Oriana cruisers, on the same cruise. Soz no idea about vibration but we contacted our agent with a view to upgrading our cabin & were told we couldn't as the ship was full!

Not long now

Not long at all Sue, going shopping again shortly, third visit in three days, just can't decide what to pack, so according to my husband he thinks I am taking everything! That can't be true cos I haven't got everything yet. Linda :)

We were on Oriana B deck over Christmas and New Year.

We had Cabin 183, quite near to yours. No problem with vibration at all. Its a really nice deck to be on.

Enjoy every minute!

Thank you for your positive response. My husband was thinking of bringing his binoculars but I noted in the brochure that binoculars are available in the balcony cabin. Can you confirm this. Thanks in anticipation.

We saw that in the brochure but we never did find either the binoculars or the atlas. We should have queried it but, being our first cruise, we were too busy rushing around enjoying it all. If they aren't too big it might be a good idea to take them, or ask the Steward on arrival.

We asked for things (inc medical box)) and they arrived immediately.

We had no hot water one day. We spoke to reception. within five minutes a white uniformed 'officer' (?) arrived, inspected and within a few minutes the plumber arrived. It turned out it was a problem in a row of cabins.. we were impressed.

As your cabin is near to ours you might get Urbano as your steward. If you do, he is great, very quiet, but friendly and super efficient.

We saw that in the brochure but we never did find either the binoculars or the atlas. We should have queried it but, being our first cruise, we were too busy rushing around enjoying it all. If they aren't too big it might be a good idea to take them, or ask the Steward on arrival.

We asked for things (inc medical box)) and they arrived immediately.

We had no hot water one day. We spoke to reception. within five minutes a white uniformed 'officer' (?) arrived, inspected and within a few minutes the plumber arrived. It turned out it was a problem in a row of cabins.. we were impressed.

As your cabin is near to ours you might get Urbano as your steward. If you do, he is great, very quiet, but friendly and super efficient.

Thanks for the update. I think we will pack binoculars if we have space. Getting very excited now as not long to go.....Linda :)

Not long at all.

when are you flying out? We fly on the Saturday

Hi Sue, our trip starts Thursday 15th with an evening flight to heathrow, overnight stay and then flying to SFO on Friday morning. So excited but still in panic mode. Shopping this morning with hubby for his new wardrobe, that is stressful in itself. Working for a few hours tomorrow morning and then can begin the packing. Are you ready?

Thanks for the update. I think we will pack binoculars if we have space. Getting very excited now as not long to go.....Linda :)

There are binoculars and atlas on B deck the vibrations is mainly in the dinning room the binoculars come in handy to watch the small tv,

we had an equivalant cabin on Aurora recently, the binoculars were quite large (but very powerful as well) ,but if I remember hidden away, so you may need to look in drawers and wardrobes , atlas was easier to find.

Thanks I shall have a rummage

The balcony cabins on B deck. we stayed forward B 120 they have plenty of hanging robe space and draws a empty fridge and a large bathroom with shower over bath the cabins are a little dated but large by todays standard as i said small lcd tv. from memory the vibrations are in the Orientall MDR this is the aft restoraunt.

Tips if your suite case will not fit under bed open the case then slide under bed. Order your tea or coffee to be delivered in your cabin at the time you awake off the room menu this is a great service. the laundry is on C deck midship you will enjoy the Oriana have a great voyage Aussie

The balcony cabins on B deck. we stayed forward B 120 they have plenty of hanging robe space and draws a empty fridge and a large bathroom with shower over bath the cabins are a little dated but large by todays standard as i said small lcd tv. from memory the vibrations are in the Orientall MDR this is the aft restoraunt.

Tips if your suite case will not fit under bed open the case then slide under bed. Order your tea or coffee to be delivered in your cabin at the time you awake off the room menu this is a great service. the laundry is on C deck midship you will enjoy the Oriana have a great voyage Aussie

Thanks Aussie one, good tip re suitcase. We have only cruised once before 18 months ago on oceana and I think the oriana cabins are bigger so even better. Co-incidence that you sailed the reverse voyage. Thanks Linda

Back when Oriana was new there was endless talk of vibration we were on B deck and never had a problem and we were in the aft resturant and never had a problem... DO take cruise gossip with a large pinch of sea salt !!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason cruisers ... are like OLD SALTY DOGS and will tell very tall tales!!!!!!!!

Back when Oriana was new there was endless talk of vibration we were on B deck and never had a problem and we were in the aft resturant and never had a problem... DO take cruise gossip with a large pinch of sea salt !!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason cruisers ... are like OLD SALTY DOGS and will tell very tall tales!!!!!!!!

Oriana is not new anymore Aussie

My wife and I sailed on the Oriana in February and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quite a classy ship and the access to the decks from not only the internal lifts and stairs but also the exterior stairways was brilliant.

Deck 8 aft was a lovely area as was the Terrace bar and grill area.

Did not experience the vibrations that we had heard about.

Enjoy your cruise and may you have fair sailing.

My wife and I sailed on the Oriana in February and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quite a classy ship and the access to the decks from not only the internal lifts and stairs but also the exterior stairways was brilliant.

Deck 8 aft was a lovely area as was the Terrace bar and grill area.

Did not experience the vibrations that we had heard about.

Enjoy your cruise and may you have fair sailing.

Thanks Stephen, we will do our best. Leave home in two days.........still not packed :)

Thanks Stephen, we will do our best. Leave home in two days.........still not packed :)

When in Sanfrancisco go to lorris dinner its a San /Fran icon good food cheap its on Powell street one stop before the cable car station.

500 yds before Macys enjoy Aussie

Archived