Gusty winds in Tampa

Starry Eyes

we are scheduled to sail on NCL Star today. A fast moving storm came through overnight. Trees down per local news. still gusty winds. The desk clerk was concerned the cruise ship arrivals back into Tampa may be delayed. I have not found anything online and cannot get the port cam on my mobile device. Can anybody see the port or cam or a newsfeed to see if the ship are in?

we are scheduled to sail on NCL Star today. A fast moving storm came through overnight. Trees down per local news. still gusty winds. The desk clerk was concerned the cruise ship arrivals back into Tampa may be delayed. I have not found anything online and cannot get the port cam on my mobile device. Can anybody see the port or cam or a newsfeed to see if the ship are in?

Just saw the NCL Star on the webcam. Enjoy your cruise.

evidently the Star was about 40 minutes later than usual this am...but she made it in safely. there was a coast guard inspection, and we boarded a little later than average, but we are now sailing. thank you both for your help.

There were BOATS able to handle this current and wind this morning. I'm sure it is nothing for the cruise ships. Have fun!

The heavy winds can be more of an issue for the cruisships getting in/out of Tampa than they are for smaller boats/ships, because the Port Authority isn't worrked that 1 30 ft cabin cruiser is going to lose control & knock down the Skyway Bridge.

Archived