Looks Like There's a Difference Of Opinions How Autotips are Added

MrPete

I found five of our previous S&S bills. Wow! We spend way too much money, but thanks to OBC from various sources it's always somewhat reasonable at the end.

My bill includes my folio, Karen's folio and each of our sons folios who are booked in rooms other than mine. My bill lists $10 assigned to five folios each day. They don't get separate S&S bills at the end; it all comes to me on one bill. I rarely check mine during the time we're cruising, but I do check my sons and I have to do so from their cabin TV; it won't allow me to check their folio on my TV. The only thing I can ever see from my son's folios on my TV is where their daily gratuities are charged to my folio.

On our last cruise there was leftover OBC on Karen's folio and she got a check and OBC was left on Bryson's and I got a check. I guess because Karen is over 18 and Bryson isn't?

If lump sum is the norm then I'm not sure why ours are different. We have adjusted our auto tips in the past; we removed tips for a steward who was non respondent to requests and didn't perform even basic duties. We've also doubled auto tips for stewards a few times and for wait staff one time. We also normally have a mix of refundable and non refundable OBC from various sources; FCC, ES price adjustments, share holders credit, points from credit cards, and travel points.

Looking over my past bills, I'm glad I'm not one who checks everything on the last night for accuracy because each one is five pages of codes, additions, subtractions, adjustments and way too jumbled for me to waste time reading thru. :D It looks like they subract the OBC from one folio then move it to mine, then move charges from that folio to mine, and then subract the charge. :confused: I guess that's how Karen and Bryson end up with checks for leftover OBC and I end up paying a balance. :eek:

Our Destiny B2B S&S's are the most confusing, but it looks like gratuities were lump sum at the begining then credited back twice and removed twice at the end? The first leg doesn't list any gratuities? I don't recall which leg, but one leg was paid for with points from our Carnival card and I'm guessing it was the first one, but it looks like they might have tacked on gratuities for the first leg on the second leg? The only thing I recall related to billing from that cruise was I had to call Carnival Mastercard and get a security hold lifted for unusual activity; they told me I hadn't advised them I would be traveling.....duh; I booked it thru them!

I just found our Liberty 2006 S&S and gratuities were added mid week @$80 per folio. (It was an eight day cruise) Everything from the first four days is lump sum then broke down individually per day after that. I remember after we left Panama that we were dead in the water for a couple of hours; perhaps they lost individual charges then. :o

These things are actually kinda fun to look at. :D

I don't believe this is an 'opinion' question - it's a fact that the tips are added to your account in a lump sum on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise....you can always call Carnival and ask when/how they add on the tips! Not sure what anyone else's opinion has to do withi this?

It's not an opinion question Froufie, it's an experience question. Sometimes what the CSR's say should happen on the ship is different from what does happen on the ship.

It's not an opinion question Froufie, it's an experience question. Sometimes what the CSR's say should happen on the ship is different from what does happen on the ship.

She (like I) was probably referring to the title of this thread:

Looks Like There's a Difference Of Opinions How Autotips are Added

I remind myself -every time I'm on Cruise Critic- just because somebody posts something, that doesn't mean it's true!!! :):rolleyes::)

Amen!!!

Bet they are here soon though to tell everyone youre wrong.

quote]

They must be asleep, or on a cruise. Very unlikely they would miss telling everyone they are wrong, even when they are right. :D

Archived