Coming This Week : Enhancements to Celebrity Website !

Andy

As frustrating as it is, (and you should not be dealing with this aggravation because of their incompetence and inability to support their own operation), maybe try again in a few hours. We have 8 future X bookings, and were trying to purchase shore excursions yesterday, but couldn't get into the reservations. Later in the day, we were able. Some of the "bugs" may be sporadic...not sure. Try to enjoy the cruise anyway...there are still many innovative and appealing aspects of the Celebrity onboard experience.

Thanks for comforting thoughts!

Just had a wander through the my reservation and love the improvements. It was really easy to navigate through the various pages for booking the beverage packages, excursions etc. Love the little countdown :) oh and all the details were correct too. Yah!

I'm not impressed with the new website. It's not an improved website if they fixed some things that didn't work before, but now there are things that did work before, and no longer work on the 'improved' website. For instance, it is now no longer possible to enter specific stateroom numbers to see if they are available on a specific sailing. The website just comes up with "page not found". For a company like Celebrity to have such a non-functional website is appalling.

Just "tried" the new site; what a PIA!!...doesn't recognize my username; says no such user name, yet when I tried to 'register" again it states user name is currently registered / not available????

Was never impressed with the Celebrity site (or that of its sister company; Azamara - must have same people designing the sites) and considered it way behind other cruise company sites and nothing has changed in my opinion.

I logged on to my account today to check out the changes to the site. I have to say, for the most part they are great! Really easy to navigate.

I did not notice any changes on the main site, but the my account was really great. (oh ya, the count down feature is great too!)

(I also changed my browser to FF from IE, as apparently FF works better with the site than IE. I hadn't been able to access the celebrity site for the last couple of weeks because the site froze on IE.)

The new site is definitely working great on my PC and Mac when using the latest Firefox 10.0.2. I appreciate the tip to use Firefox because this morning, the site was slow as molasses in January using IE8.... Don't even talk to me about IE9 which is a piece of Crud! :p

I am trying to transfer my booking to my TA.....when I go to the site and click on booking transfer form under FAQ section, it gives me a link to click for the form....it takes me to another screen and says the form is NOT AVAILABLE!

Intentional? This needs to be corrected.

I am trying to transfer my booking to my TA.....when I go to the site and click on booking transfer form under FAQ section, it gives me a link to click for the form....it takes me to another screen and says the form is NOT AVAILABLE!

Intentional? This needs to be corrected.

This link works fine for me - no problem at all.

X TRANSFER FORM-pdf

Worth a try. Maybe the difference is in the browser you are using.

Like LynnObie I am also using Firefox 10.0.2

I spent time today with their website people. I can no longer sign in using my user name and password since it has now been "given" to my husband who also has his own user name and password. I was told that at least it was someone else that got it:eek: as the person he spoke to before me had someone else name and profile appear when he sighed in. Anyway, he suggested I just access my reservation by going through the online checking at the top right of the main screen. He doesn't know when things will be corrected and doesn't know if I'll ever be able to use my own user name and password again. Grrrrr!!!!

They have FAQ's but no FAQ answers!

Who do you contact about a Connections party? :confused:

There are links at the top left hand side of this Celebrity forum.

Here is the one to register for a party.

Register to attend a Connections Party

Are you active on your roll call forum? If not, that's the place to get acquainted with your fellow cruisers before you meet them at the Connections Party.

So not only can I not add my Silhouette Sept booking to My Celebrity, the Summit July booking that was on My Celebrity has now disappeared. I have been getting the "Cannot Add Booking due to Internal Restrictions" for the past 10 days.

Last week I called reservations who cited "computer issues". Yesterday I called Captains Club who said the computers were being "upgraded". Both reservations were made through a TA. While the CC agent was quite happy to discuss the Silhouette reservation with me, she would not say anything about my Summit reservation, not even to confirm that I still had a reservation, other than say "I have a pop up which says your TA must contact us immediately". I called the TA who called Celebrity who said there was no reason for her to call them....

So I am stuck. I can't book Select Dining times, or excursions or a drinks package.

I can't think of any other company with such a dreadful website. Hope you are listening Celebrity. So far I haven't come across a single enhancement....

Char, thanks for posting.

I am the Roll Call list keeper and what I was looking for was a way to contact Celebrity to invite a couple of officers to the party and see if I can arrange galley or bridge tours for our roll call.

I managed to find my Connections confirmation email and that has an address on it that I will try.

Oh, I found that some of the FAQ have answers just not the ones I was looking at :o.

Cheers, h.

Another aspect to the website issues and difficulty is corporate budget. It takes $$$ to do things well. Just wondering the degree to which (if any) all the $$$ being spent on the new builds and the "Solsticization" of M class ships has strained budget resources in other corporate departments. Granted, the website was always glitch ridden and difficult to navigate, but wondering if the cost of all the wonderful innovation attempts we are seeing with new builds and M-class "Solsticization" has adversely impacted the ability of some departments to do what they need to because of less $$$.

Just transfered my booking to my TA. Well to make a long story short it was re-enter all info again on X's site and my TA had to re-enter all the info on the new booking. This should have been seamless. If X had a real system, it would have only required transferring from booking nr x to booking nr y.

Hello Everyone,

I've been advised that Celebrity will be rolling out several enhancements to their website www.celebritycruises.com this week. I'm expecting Celebrity to post on this thread, sharing details of the new features with us.

My thanks to Celebrity for offering a "heads-up" to our community. Stay Tuned !

See complaints. At http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593455 and other threads:eek:

Can we consolidate all of these into 1? Too many problems even with the new updated X site.

If I was managing the X web team (and Hadn't been fired yet :eek:) I would have a couple of staffers reading these posts and documenting user experiences. And ALSO make sure each and every complaint was acknowledged directly with the reporting user.

But I get it X is not in the web business or even in the customer service business..they seem to be only in the "book and collect" business only..no way to retain costomer loyalty., in my view..at least not this customer!

If I could get a full refund now..i would bail!

If I was managing the X web team (and Hadn't been fired yet :eek:) I would have a couple of staffers reading these posts and documenting user experiences. And ALSO make sure each and every complaint was acknowledged directly with the reporting user.

But I get it X is not in the web business or even in the customer service business..they seem to be only in the "book and collect" business only..no way to retain costomer loyalty., in my view..at least not this customer!

If I could get a full refund now..i would bail!

Like we say in the UK - u r spot ON!! Cheers mate.

Hi all have just logged into the celebrity web-site and ny booking through Google Chrome and the https was crossed out as below. So I am unsure whether it is safe to put passport details, credit card details into the booking etc. Have looked for an e-mail address for Celebrity but there only seems to be a phone number. Has anyone else come accross this or is it just me.

Cheers Radders

chrome_14679_redhttps_en.pngThe site uses SSL, but Google Chrome has detected either high-risk insecure content on the page or problems with the site’s certificate. Don’t enter sensitive information on this page. Invalid certificate or other serious https issues could indicate that someone is attempting to tamper with your connection to the site.

Hi all have just logged into the celebrity web-site and ny booking through Google Chrome and the https was crossed out as below. So I am unsure whether it is safe to put passport details, credit card details into the booking etc. Have looked for an e-mail address for Celebrity but there only seems to be a phone number. Has anyone else come accross this or is it just me.

Cheers Radders

chrome_14679_redhttps_en.pngThe site uses SSL, but Google Chrome has detected either high-risk insecure content on the page or problems with the site’s certificate. Don’t enter sensitive information on this page. Invalid certificate or other serious https issues could indicate that someone is attempting to tamper with your connection to the site.

Yep---I get this when I log on using google chrome.

However, when I log on using IE it also does NOT show that it is secure...no lock at the bottom or the "s" in the url.

Don't know how secure it is!!!

UPDATE on previous post.

IE...now shows a secure connection when going to My Celebrity :) and Online Check In.

Google Chrome...cannot access My Celebrity right now...goes in a loop from My Celebrity sign in page back to main page :( Maybe they are working on it.

Archived