Celebrity Equinox Day 7 - and Dailies

rspro

Day 7, another port day, this time Colon in Panama. Again, another port we have been to, but, low and behold, the sun is shining this time. We took another ship organized tour, this time an eco cruise on Gatun lake and then a visit to the Gatun Locks. I have to say, the eco cruise this time was a bust. We saw a few raptors or birds of prey, but that's it. We did have a nice cruise on the lake which is calm and clear, but without having sighted sloths, or toucans or other wildlife, it really was just a peaceful cruise on a lake. The locks on the other hand were as exciting as ever. The sheer scale and magnitude of the engineering involved in building the canal plus the enjoyment of watching ships traverse it is worth the visit.

Dailies and photos for today in port are presented at http://www.proszowski.com

Back on board, lots to do as usual. The martini bar is a very busy and crowded place. Probably because its lots of fun and is a form of entertainment.

Tonight we listened to the Dara Tucker Quartet in the Ensemble Lounge. This lounge area is tucked away adjacent to Murano and on the way to the other specialty restaurants. It is a nice and cozy, dimly lit space perfect for some quiet jazz, even though the bar here can be lively at times. Everyone on their way to Silk Harvest, Tuscan Grille or Murano must pass this way.

rspro,

thank you for your daily updates. I like the great photos of Colon pier. Are the brightly painted buildings the duty shopping for cruisers?

I will be on the Century in 2012, We will be in port of Colon for a full day before we do a full transit of the Panama canal on Christmas Eve. Can't wait...

Love the picturess of the Equinox. It is a great the ship.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Have really been enjoying all your posts and pictures from the Equinox. We board her in 12 days and I can't wait! Our Chicago winter hasn't been too bad, but it is still cold and snowy outside. Your itinerary is one we did several years ago, and enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Great presentation!!!Would you mind telling us your cabin number.We will be on this ship April 6,thanks again for the beautiful presentation.

We happened to be in Cabin 1616.

rspro,

thank you for your daily updates. I like the great photos of Colon pier. Are the brightly painted buildings the duty shopping for cruisers?

I will be on the Century in 2012, We will be in port of Colon for a full day before we do a full transit of the Panama canal on Christmas Eve. Can't wait...

Love the picturess of the Equinox. It is a great the ship.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

There was some duty free shopping in Colon but the colorful buildings in the photos are not part of that area.

Day 7, another port day, this time Colon in Panama. Again, another port we have been to, but, low and behold, the sun is shining this time. We took another ship organized tour, this time an eco cruise on Gatun lake and then a visit to the Gatun Locks. I have to say, the eco cruise this time was a bust. We saw a few raptors or birds of prey, but that's it. We did have a nice cruise on the lake which is calm and clear, but without having sighted sloths, or toucans or other wildlife, it really was just a peaceful cruise on a lake. The locks on the other hand were as exciting as ever. The sheer scale and magnitude of the engineering involved in building the canal plus the enjoyment of watching ships traverse it is worth the visit.

Dailies and photos for today in port are presented at http://www.proszowski.com

Back on board, lots to do as usual. The martini bar is a very busy and crowded place. Probably because its lots of fun and is a form of entertainment.

Tonight we listened to the Dara Tucker Quartet in the Ensemble Lounge. This lounge area is tucked away adjacent to Murano and on the way to the other specialty restaurants. It is a nice and cozy, dimly lit space perfect for some quiet jazz, even though the bar here can be lively at times. Everyone on their way to Silk Harvest, Tuscan Grille or Murano must pass this way.

Also, those on their way to Blu also pass this bar. This is a nice lounge.

Archived