Vancouver & Anchorage Restaurants

mfd062450

Does anyone know the names of some great restaurants in Vancouver and Anchorage? My friens and I are spending two nights in Vancouver and one in Anchorage as booke ends for our July 21 Alaska cruise on Coral Princess. Thanks for your help.

I can give you some recommendations for some of the best in Vancouver :

Lumiere (French)

C Restaurant (Seafood)

West (this year's restaurant of the year)

Ciopino's (Italian)

Tojo's (Japanese)

Food in Anchorage is expensive, but there are several ethnic places that are not and are absolutely great. Pho Original on Dimond Blvd is excellent...only seats about 20 people ..dinner will put you back about $20.00/for 2, Thai Orchard is in the same little strip mall on Dimond and it is also to die for. same price....Downtown is Glacial Brewhouse...they brew excellent beer, and the food is good...Dinner will be around $45.00-$60.00 for 2 people. Humpy's is a local place and has good brew and bar food...but is always smokefilled. Going up in price is Sacks, Orso's and Mick on the Inlet. All have excellent food. Simon and Seafort's has a good reputation but it is not always good...

Wow, what a great restaurant. Was there 2 years ago and felt everything was excellent down to:) the chocolate candy crocs they give w/ desert. Super service and food quality. Not cheap but well worth the price. About $100 per couple depending on wine choices. Don't forget there is a 20% bonus for US$

Does anyone know the names of some great restaurants in Vancouver and Anchorage? My friens and I are spending two nights in Vancouver and one in Anchorage as booke ends for our July 21 Alaska cruise on Coral Princess. Thanks for your help.

Not expensive at all, not fancy, either, but Hon's Wun-tun House

is great for a quick Chinese meal, the full menu, or

just a snack. Try Google for exact information and locations.

Not expensive at all, not fancy, either, but Hon's Wun-tun House is great for a quick Chinese meal, the full menu, or

just a snack. Try Google for exact information and locations.

We had a very nice, inexpensive lunch, with both regular dishes and dim sum at the Hon's on Robson. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! For affordable places in Anchorage, try the Peanut Farm or The Arctic Roadrunner. They sale everything from burgers to fresh AK seafood. For a little pricer place, I would say Sourdough Mining Co. Also, Phyllis on 5th Ave is pretty good. I grew up in Anchorage and visit my mom and brother there every so often, so these are tips from a "local". Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !!

I live in Vancouver.....let me know that kind of food you like and price range and when you'll be in town and I'll do my best to help you find some awsome places

Aqua Riva just steps from the cruise ship dock is wonderful

The Vancouver hotel Panorama Roof is great for dinner and dancing to big band sound under the stars !!!!

ETC ETC

Tyleen

tyleenr@hotmail.com

If you are a brew drinker, check out Humpy's in Anchorage. A really locals place. Huge selection of brews on tap and in bottles. The food is typical pub food: burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. and it's typical pub atmosphere...really low-key and casual. The decor is funky and there is usually a band playing at night. There is also outdoor dining (which we opted for) especially since the band inside was loud enough that you can hear it out there.

My only problem with eating in Anchorage was that they don't cook red meat below medium temperature. Since I like 'em still mooing, I opted for chicken! We enjoyed the place nonetheless.

When we were in Vancouver, we went to Chinatown for food. This is the real deal...Cantonese cooking. You're not going to find your typical chicken w/broccoli here so if you want to experience real Chinese cooking, take a look-see. Otherwise, if you aren't that adventurous, don't bother. However, we also ate outside of Chinatown and were pleased with our meals. Since Vancouver is much more urban than Anchorage, you'll find a bigger variety of culinary treats there.

Vancouver much more urban than Anchorage? I would hope so! It's the third largest city in Canada, hosted the 1986 World's Fair and is host to the 2010 Olympics. Vancouver is a trove of culinary delights, from tiny little bistros to world class dining establishments with award winning chefs. Lumiere is HOT, but you will have trouble getting a reservation without at least a couple of weeks notice. Fish House in Stanley Park is good for seafood, but the all time winner, consistently, for seafood, is The Cannery. If you are in Vancouver, you should either eat fresh seafood (world renowned) or Japanese. There are several good Japanese and other fun, trendy restaurants on Robson Street, not too far from the cruise ship terminal. Hope this helps!:)

Archived